LIghts

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
were at campmor the other day asking for NightHawk systems? If so, just wanted to say 'HI"

Shaggz

A strong 7
i have a couple of sets of Night Riders, and while they are pretty good, I do not like the helmet mounts. I find the lights very heavy, and there is not a lot adjustment to raise or, more problematic to me, lower the beam. Several people have suggested using a piece of rubber or mouse pad under the mount. while that may work, i find it a little frustrating to have to do that with something as pricey as lights.

several of the guys use lights & motion, and seem to be very happy with them. i believe they are more adjustable at the mount, and they have a great beam.

K

ks9mm

I have lights & motion Arc and NiteRider Head Trip.

I use Arc on the handlebars and niterider on the helmet.

if I come across someone with my Arc on... they all curse me, because Arc is insanely bright and blinds everyone. It charges fast, battery lasts long... no complains.

NiteRider is not bad...beam is OK, but I hate the charger...

so, bottom line, trail is ridable with those 2 lights.. but caution must be exercized. I am also considering putting ARC on my helmet, I think it will give me better vizibility of the trail.

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Yeah, I think I am leaning tward light & motion. now I just need to get my head around the price.
The comittee is not to into it and this creates seperate issues. :)

lawndart

Shop Keep
well best of luck finding them. After playing with a set of Niterider Minewt duals at work the other night im leaning toward a set to them and a single Minewt for my helmet. I took them out to our parking lot and compared them to a fully charged LnM Arc and they seemed to put out the same amount of light. They make my LnM Solo Logic halogen look like a cheap Eveready 2D Flashlight!

Wobbegong

well best of luck finding them. After playing with a set of Niterider Minewt duals at work the other night im leaning toward a set to them and a single Minewt for my helmet. I took them out to our parking lot and compared them to a fully charged LnM Arc and they seemed to put out the same amount of light. They make my LnM Solo Logic halogen look like a cheap Eveready 2D Flashlight!

Is the Minewt really that close to the HID Arc?

lawndart

Shop Keep
well this was only in our parking lot. The Minewts werent even fully charged, red light was on. A friend of mine confirmed there was little to no difference between them, then again this was only in the parking lot with both Minewts(it was a dual) pointing in the same area. Im sure the TriNewt would truely be closer to an ARC's output.

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lets run down my list:
Night Sun - have 'em
Night Rider - have 'em
Schwinn? - have 'em
L&M Arc - have 'em

Mind you these have been accumalated over many years. The Arc (Li-Ion) is the latest (from last year) and there is nothing comparable; fast charge, low heat, bright and really white. I usually run the NR Flite on my helmet and the Arc on the bars. I only need the NR to see my "cockpit" the Arc completely overpowers it. Haven't tried the Newt's, though if you go by the specs the LM's still have over 35% more lumens.

Nimrod

Nite Rider Flight here.

Its a $500 light, and its bright:) . But the best part is the battery; its the size of a deck of cards.:D

K

ks9mm

oh... and search ebay for lights... good deals can be found there!

Shaggz

A strong 7
i hate to point folks to the online dealers, but performance has stupid deals on these, especially at the end of the season. it is also be worth a call to our 2 charter shops to see what they have in stock and what they can swing for you:

jason at halters: 973-329-9022
john/frank at cycleworks: 973-347-3733

tell 'em jake & steve sent you.

Shaggz

A strong 7
performance has a special in the "MiNewt" twin headlight system for $169.99 for team performance members.

Frank

Sasquatch
PlanetBike.com has a real nice head mt light system. The one I have is a 10w with plenty of "blue" light to light up the trail but not enough to draw attention. http://ecom1.planetbike.com/3026.html It is also very light in weight and stays put without pulling your helmet down.

I had a Nite Rider Helmet rat which was not bad, but it was a little heavy and liked to tug on my helmet.

I have a new Princeton Tec lamp http://www.princetontec.com/products/index.php?id=37&type=0&use=4 which I will give some more feedback on in the future.

My first set was a Vista light system with bar mt lights. They would have been fine for road, but on trails you never saw ahead of a turn until you got there....surprise!

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
performance has a special in the "MiNewt" twin headlight system for $169.99 for team performance members.

Shaggz, I checke dthem out but they are LED's I am a bit of a skeptic whaen it comes to LED. But the price is stupid low for a dual light set.

Any feedback on LED systems out there?

lawndart

Shop Keep
what cool about the dual Minewts is that you can adjust each one so that you can focus eah one at different points on the trail or at the same point for even more lighting. I would love to try them out......got to call NightRider and see if we can get a demo for the shop or even a TriNewt.

mwlikesbikes

oh... and search ebay for lights... good deals can be found there!
just got a niterider flight HID new off ebay for $285. li-ion batt is the size & weight of a deck of cards! i love it!!! i think normal retail is about $400 or more. i think it was a lucky find but i'm sure there's more to be had

Top Bottom