The 9-29/30 Weekend Report

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Races & Rides

Tymor Park Challenge (Sun) - Tymor Park, H2H series race #8
Hillbilly Hustle 2 (Sat) - CX in Elmer, NJ
Pumpkin Patch Pedal (Sun) - SIBA road/charity ride with 100, 62, 50, and 25 mile options. Sag support.

Group Rides

Brett's Weekend Offer - Saturday, he'll lead
Jungle Habitat - Saturday 9/29 @ 9:00. Social pace, 1.5-2 laps.

Trail Maintenance

9/30 - Sourlands Mountain Preserve - 10am - 1pm. Details: "This time around I want to start from the bottom and hit all the bad areas." Best guess is that the effort will be focused on armouring and providing drainage for the wet spots.

Weekly Trail Conditions Report

Allaire Good (9-26) - "Allaire is dry and a little dusty if you get a large group together. The logs that were removed last week were replaced and all is good for now."

Allamuchy West/Tranquility Good (9-26) - "Allamuchy is still a little muddy in spots but over all good."

"Really Perfect."

Allamuchy East/Waterloo Good (9-26) - "Allamuchy is still a little muddy in spots but over all good."

"Really Perfect."

Allamuchy Deer Park/Stephens Good (9-24) - "Perfect"

Chimney Rock Good (9-27) - "Chimney Rock is dry & dusty....too dry"

Hartshorne & Huber Average (9-21) - No updates

Jungle Habitat Good (9-23) - "As of race day they sure were solid. Not sure how the trails held up to the expert class that went after sport however."

Kittatinny Valley Good (9-14) - No updates

Mercer County Park Good (9-17) - No updates

Lewis Morris Good (9-23) - "I did the race loop a few times and aside from 6 or 7 piles of horse crap it was in excellent shape."

Mahlon Dickerson Good (9-26) - "As of Sunday, the best they have been all year."

"Mahlon Dickerson is in excellent shape. nearly all of the 'always' wet spots are very dry and actually ridable/firm. the typically loose stuff is looser. acorns and birch leaves are on the ground, so be mindful of that while turning/climbing"

"Perfect"

Ringwood/Ramapo Good (9-26) - "Excellent conditions at Ringwood today"

Round Valley Good (9-18) - No updates

Six Mile Good (9-26) - "Six Mile is in great shape, no mud. Its a little to dry in some areas, especially the area uphill from the concrete bridge. Enjoy these conditions while you can, the winter mud is just around the corner."

Sourlands Good (9-6) - No updates

Tourne Good (9-26) - "Very nice (as per the wife)"

Wawayanda Good (9-25) - "Rode 9/25 and conditions were ideal."

Wharton Good (8-30) - No updates

Wildcat WMA Good (9-16) - No updates

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK, I think I'm settling on "The Weekend Report" for now. If anyone has an idea for a title I'm open for suggestions.

2 races, a potential group ride, and a TM session at Sourlands.

Is there too much bold in the post?

Again - looking for Wawayanda and Wharton TC volunteers.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks Gary. Two of the wettest parks in the state (Chimney Rock and Six Mile) are bone dry.

N

Neen

There is not too much bold in the post. Also this weekend is the Pumpkin Patch road ride in Jamesburg, which is where I'll be :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Perfect, thanks. I added it the event. The website says, " A Portion of the ride's proceeds will be donated to charity." But it doesn't say what charity.

Frank - no, thank YOU! Without people adding content it would be pretty empty.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there on the 23rd. I did the race loop a few times and aside from 6 or 7 piles of horse crap it was in excellent shape.

Excellent, thanks, duly noted/changed. This is the kind of trail report I like. Can't beat when you get to seriously say "horse crap" in a post.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wawayanda updated, thanks.

About the group ride - what pace and how long?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just wanted to bump this up on the New Posts list and encourage anyone who is looking for something to do this weekend to consider pitching in with the TM effort at Sourlands, or maybe join the group ride at Jungle Habitat Sunday. It's a small park but the trails are a lot of fun.

Top Bottom