Red Sox 2.5

Nimrod

This is great stuff.

Think I'll call some familiy and friends up in Bean Town today:D

Bound to be a somber group up there, the Red Sox annual collapse is in full bloom:p

clutch

This is great stuff.

Think I'll call some familiy and friends up in Bean Town today:D

Bound to be a somber group up there, the Red Sox annual collapse is in full bloom:p

So how can you have the best record in baseball and still have collapsed?

Saying the Red Sox collapsed is selling your own teams accomplishments pretty short.

J

joanqs

So how can you have the best record in baseball and still have collapsed?

Saying the Red Sox collapsed is selling your own teams accomplishments pretty short.

this is so sad, you could sense the Sox demise last Friday against the Yankees, and then the nail on Sunday. I gotta pick another team to support, supporting the RedSox is emotionally draining with little reward.

i guess i will start routing for the Mets. (anyone but the Yankees)

clutch

this is so sad, you could sense the Sox demise last Friday against the Yankees, and then the nail on Sunday.

Saturday was good though......4 of the 6 games they just played against each other were close, so we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

I gotta pick another team to support, supporting the RedSox is emotionally draining with little reward.

Well, it'll never be as painful as it was in 03 or as good as it was in 04 again.

Nimrod

the RedSox is emotionally draining with little reward.

i guess i will start routing for the Mets.

All the Met fans around here are running for cover. Now the question is

Who is going to drop out of First place First?

1) The Red Sox (The sense of Doom Friday Night at Fenway was classic)

2) The Mets (ahh their the Mets)
M-E-T-S = My-Entire-Team-Stinks

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
All the Met fans around here are running for cover. Now the question is

Who is going to drop out of First place First?

1) The Red Sox (The sense of Doom Friday Night at Fenway was classic)

2) The Mets (ahh their the Mets)
M-E-T-S = My-Entire-Team-Stinks

but what you don't seem to grasp is that this is normal. even in '04 there was the post-all star break slide. it happens every single year.

i mean when would you prefer your team to have a little slump? when they're in first place towards the end of the season or in the playoffs? the sad thing is, the yankess team is so old that this is the best they can possibly do.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
but what you don't seem to grasp is that this is normal. even in '04 there was the post-all star break slide. it happens every single year.

It happens with every first place team in baseball except when the Yankees and Braves are doing well.

i mean when would you prefer your team to have a little slump?

How about January when they're on the golf course?

Nimrod

1) but what you don't seem to grasp is that this is normal. even in '04 there was the post-all star break slide. it happens every single year.

2) the yankess team is so old that this is the best they can possibly do.

1) I grasp it, and firmly enjoy it every year:)

2) ?????
Yankess average age is 28.9 years old;)

Mets average age is 31.0 years old:confused:

Red Sox average age is 30.8 years old:hmmm:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm a Yankees fan but...do they have a pair of 4 year olds on the roster to bring that average down or something? :)

Nimrod

I'm a Yankees fan but...do they have a pair of 4 year olds on the roster to bring that average down or something? :)

The old thing is a Myth probably started by a Met fan.

The Yankees have alot of young guys on the roster, and next year there are going to be more young kids being promoted from the farm system.

J

joanqs

Saturday was good though......4 of the 6 games they just played against each other were close, so we'll see what happens in the playoffs.

Well, it'll never be as painful as it was in 03 or as good as it was in 04 again.

I remember in 03, going to the airport after the infamous Pedro debacle. I was wearing a RedSox hat and at least a half dozen people came up to me in the airport to express their condolences. I could tell, they truly felt bad for me. I couldn't respond to their sympathy as I lost my voice yelling at the TV the night before.

J

joanqs

The old thing is a Myth probably started by a Met fan.

The Yankees have alot of young guys on the roster, and next year there are going to be more young kids being promoted from the farm system.

isn't there a cliche about this management style: something like throwing a bunch of shit around to see what sticks....that is, of course, when managment plan number 1, buying every all star fails.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
isn't there a cliche about this management style: something like throwing a bunch of shit around to see what sticks....that is, of course, when managment plan number 1, buying every all star fails.

Oh come on. There are still plenty of all-stars left for the Yankees to buy!

Nimrod

..that is, of course, when managment plan number 1, buying every all star fails.

Another Myth

all the Championship Teams (note the "s", plural) built on farm team. The "Core" of those teams, All (probalby) Hall of fame bound
Jeter
Williams
Pettite
Rivera
Posada

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Another Myth

all the Championship Teams (note the "s", plural) built on farm team. The "Core" of those teams, All (probalby) Hall of fame bound
Jeter
Williams
Pettite
Rivera
Posada

i'll buy all of them except jorge 'rat boy' posada. he's hardly an all star. sure, he's solid but hall of fame? nah.

also, how you can call 'the most expensive team in baseball' trying to buy their championships a myth is beyond me. did you forget about a-rod?

Nimrod

i'll buy all of them except jorge 'rat boy' posada. he's hardly an all star. sure, he's solid but hall of fame? nah.

also, how you can call 'the most expensive team in baseball' trying to buy their championships a myth is beyond me. did you forget about a-rod?

Hey Jake; "You Gotta Spend Money to Make Money"

btw = I can't stand A-Rod either. But.. from a business stand point it was the best decision, King George ever made.

Since he got A-Rod, every freaking home game is sold out. Prior to A-Rod, what did they draw 2 million? Now 4 million annually is normal. Also isn't Texas still paying part of A-Rod's salary?

J

joanqs

Hey Jake; "You Gotta Spend Money to Make Money"

btw = I can't stand A-Rod either. But.. from a business stand point it was the best decision, King George ever made.

Since he got A-Rod, every freaking home game is sold out. Prior to A-Rod, what did they draw 2 million? Now 4 million annually is normal. Also isn't Texas still paying part of A-Rod's salary?

I thought baseball was about baseball? :getsome:

Top Bottom