Efinger Sporting Goods - Bound Brook, NJ

Purple Liquid

Shop: Efinger
Shop Keep
Hello all,

I saw quite a few shops posted here on mtbnj, Efinger not being one of them. So I'd thought it'd be a great addition to the forums.

Most people are lead to believe that Efinger is another Dick's, Walmart, or Target Department Store, selling cheap bikes with no service. This isn't the case by any means! Scott, Specialized, Raleigh, Diamondback, Jamis, Kona, Haro, Bianchi and Cannondale are just a few of the brands Efinger carries. The staff is very knowledgeable and are always willing to go out of the way for customers. As well, the service is outstanding. Turn around times are quick, with excellent work performed.

Be sure to check out Efinger next time you drive by. You'll be quite impressed with what you'll see. :)

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yep, says so on his myspace profile. nothing bad purple liquid, we just like to make sure people know where there advice is coming from regarding bikes/parts/service/how to advice.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice leg work Sean!

OK cool, just wondered. I saw "wrench" on the bio. Plus the into sounded like a commercial :)

I've been to Efinger before as a casual shopper. Honestly I had mixed reviews. The first time the guy was pretty clueless about a bearing question I had. Apparently however, there's been a turnover in staff in the last 1-2 years. I was there again recently and despite one of the workers making my daughter scream like mad (it's not just you guys Fred/Ben) they were very friendly & helpful. I didn't have any work done I was just looking for the child carrier and helmet.

I will say this though. The guy asked me if I could install it and I said I'm sure I would figure it out. And he almost insisted I bring it back so they could do it for free. Very helpful.

Purple Liquid

Shop Keep
I do happen to work there. but hey, at least there's a thread about us. :) And yeah, it did sound too commercial. I apologize for not addressing that sooner, but now since there is a little "Shop: Effingers" sign under my name, people won't forget.

And I apologize again for being picky, but how do I change the little sign under my name? I figured an admin or someone of higher power did it. If so, can you please change the name from "Effingers" to "Efinger"? If you cannot, that's fine too. Thanks!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That was Steve. Send him a PM (Shaggz) and he can do it for you.

Signed,
The Less Powerful Management

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I stopped by there last night to pick up some headset spacers. They look like they have a pretty decent setup with lots of good components and bikes. I also love the shark tank.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i have been there too - i go to bikengear in somerset for my stuff usually, but efinger's does have good hours - they are open pretty late (9 or something) which is cool for that late night bike fix and you realize you lost a tool or need a part.

supermike

I stopped by yesterday and they were very helpful. Purple Liquid himself helped me out as a matter of fact (I didn't get his real name, but he mentioned his screen name when I mentioned MTBNJ). The prices seemed fair, and they seemed knowlegable. They're also the only shop that I know of that's open on a Sunday.

I did have one other experience with them a few years ago which was equally positive. I was new to MTB's and had just gotten two pinch flats in a row at CR. I stopped by to pick up some tubes etc. They insisted that I allow them to change the tube for me w/o charging me.

All in all, good service that was much appreciated.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Hello all,

I saw quite a few shops posted here on mtbnj, Efinger not being one of them. So I'd thought it'd be a great addition to the forums.

Most people are lead to believe that Efinger is another Dick's, Walmart, or Target Department Store, selling cheap bikes with no service. This isn't the case by any means! Scott, Specialized, Raleigh, Diamondback, Jamis, Kona, Haro, Bianchi and Cannondale are just a few of the brands Efinger carries. The staff is very knowledgeable and are always willing to go out of the way for customers. As well, the service is outstanding. Turn around times are quick, with excellent work performed.

Be sure to check out Efinger next time you drive by. You'll be quite impressed with what you'll see. :)
I have stopped in to check out the bike section on a couple of occasions, and I can vouch for this statement first hand. Good guys, and a good shop.

Last edited:

Purple Liquid

Shop Keep
Thanks for the comments everyone! It took some time to get the department laid out correctly so we're all glad you guys like it. As well, we finally got our website up and running again so check that out if you have some time.

I'm James by the way, so next time you're in feel free to give me a shout. I have bright red hair, so I'm not hard to miss :rolleyes:

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Thanks for the comments everyone! It took some time to get the department laid out correctly so we're all glad you guys like it. As well, we finally got our website up and running again so check that out if you have some time.

I'm James by the way, so next time you're in feel free to give me a shout. I have bright red hair, so I'm not hard to miss :rolleyes:
I think I saw you there when I stopped in to pick up a part I ordered.

Purple Liquid

Shop Keep
Just a reminder folks...

I've been getting quite a few PM's about directions to the store. Here is a link to our website: http://efingersports.com/store/efinger.htm. Directions will be located on there ;)

Thanks for all the kind reviews everyone! Have a safe New Year and a happy holiday season!!

Remember, Efinger Sporting Goods will be turning 100 years old in 2009. Check our website for more information!

-- James :getsome:

Loyal0ne

A+ for Efingers crew !!!

Bought a new Stumpy from Mark and crew the other day. These guys are really down to earth and just plain ol' dedicated to the sport and have decades of experience.

I agree with what was said earlier, dont be fooled by the fact that they are in a department store. They operate the place as a stand alone shop and have EVERYTHING you need for a bike from a Presto to Schraeder valve adapter to top of the line carbon professional bikes. I give a two thumbs up, 100% A+++ for these guys!!!

jimmysnukastyle

Efinger Sporting Goods

I hope these guys get some additional press like this because they deserve it. They're a great shop and I appreciate the knowledge and professionalism of the staff. They have a great selection of bikes at great prices.

JSS

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Was in this shop one time and first impression was a good one. Not really near any place i normally go, but seems like a decent shop nonetheless

Top Bottom