Bike Recco for Moab

Sweaty Betty

I am headed to Moab to bike in a month and don't want to ship my bike. I plan to rent a bike from one of the local shops. Can anyone make recommendations on bikes that would be good to rent to ride in Moab since all of the shops seem to have different choices and I get confused easily.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am headed to Moab to bike in a month and don't want to ship my bike. I plan to rent a bike from one of the local shops. Can anyone make recommendations on bikes that would be good to rent to ride in Moab since all of the shops seem to have different choices and I get confused easily.

Trance, ofcourse

C.Puncher

The trance is a sweet choice for the terrain out there. I demo'd one on the EDGE LOOP in Fruita this year. It's about an hour or so east of Moab. The Maestro ate everything the trail had. Have a blast..................

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Everyone is going to say: "Rent [the bike I ride]"

Except me - go with a unicycle. FS of course.

C.Puncher

I ride a NRS2, and a 1FG. I demo'd the Trance cause my bike was breaking down. Trance was equiped with a Reba fork, and Hayes 9 hydraulics. Sram X-7 shiftnrailers. It ripped down hill and climbed firmly. 35 miles of :D
Friends I rode with from the area were on Kona's, Dawg and King kikapu or some shit. They loved em.

Sweaty Betty

Thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps I will try the Trance X1 for the first few days and then switch to a Turner to try a new bike. I will of course ride a unicycle in between.

ytc100

Thanks for the suggestions. Perhaps I will try the Trance X1 for the first few days and then switch to a Turner to try a new bike. I will of course ride a unicycle in between.

I am very interested to see what you think of the Trance X1 vs. Turner (Spot I guess you'd rent).

dirty bert

Banned
seriously, rent something that you can't or don't see around these parts. try an Intense or a Maverick or a Yeti. it's not like any of these bikes can't be found in NJ but they seem a dime a dozen. try something different or new. Who knows, the shop may only rent treks or even a giant (j/k).

~Db

Top Bottom