World Cup

Pampa

haha, good one, but not after SUNDAY!

I'm not doing good in that department, my team, Tigres, hasn't won a championship since the 80's and has descended to lower division once and came back to 1st. Meanwhile, the other team from Monterrey, Monterrey, has been successful recently and won a few championships....

A few years back I was traveling very often to Monterrey and Montemorelos. I enjoyed those trips a lot! I think Tigres had an Argentinean DT at that time, or was it Monterrey (the guy w/ the moustache).

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
A few years back I was traveling very often to Monterrey and Montemorelos. I enjoyed those trips a lot! I think Tigres had an Argentinean DT at that time, or was it Monterrey (the guy w/ the moustache).

Around 2008 was Ricardo Lavolpe, who was the Mex National Team's coach for 2006WC and currently is coaching Costa Rica's national team.
Pasarella was another Argentinian that coached Monterrey. Plenty of Argentinian players have played for both, some of my favorite Tigres argentinian players were goalies: Siboldi, Comizzo, Lanari.

I won't talk to much about the game. Mex-USA. I recorded it, since I was in NYC during the game, and ended up watching it late last night. I havent seen a Mexican team play this way since 1994, maybe a little in 1998, but definitely not as of lately. It was good to have the feeling that the team was able to come back at any moment, with the most recent Mexican squads, one goal down and they were toast. A few years ago, after the first goal I would've cursed the team out and would've lost my voice, by the second goal I would've just turned the TV off and gone to bed, but yesterday was different, you could tell they were going to turn things around and they did! This Mexican team has a lot more patience and discipline to not lose their COOL after being down and have the ability to regroup and bounce back like no other Mexican team since 1994. They also have now guys who can score goals. One last thing....what a nice goal by Dos Santos...OMG!

estados-unidos-mexico6-0.jpg

This is a great shot....look at Howard;s face
estados-unidos-mexico-0.jpg

And the new super hero 'mr. bad beer drinker' cheering for the USA
estados-unidos-mexico5-0.jpg

Changing Topic....Trying to keep all pics here and keep other threads serious, soooo....a different view of F1 at Valencia today.

1309103033_extras_albumes_0.jpg

1309102359_extras_albumes_0.jpg

I Didn't forget...MATCH 8: PARAGUAY - Larissa Riquelme vs. Leryn Franco
duelo_paraguay_3-1308944875.jpg

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
and the Match 8 winner is: Larissa "Jagger" Riquelme, World Cup's favorite girl.
Larissa+Riquelme2.jpg

MATCH 9: COLOMBIA
A very intense match between Shakira and Sofia Vergara, this is one for the ages!

duelo_colombia_3-1309197204.jpg

duelo_colombia_2-1309197170.jpg

duelo_colombia_1-1309197126.jpg

Women's WC in GERMANY
4,h=343.bild.jpg

117374667_2011062619301724_0_0.JPG

lastly the U17WC final bracket attached...but who gives a crap, right?....

Attachments

• WCU17-2011.JPG
    WCU17-2011.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 12

Pampa

Ahhh, of course, Lavolpe, now I remember. Passarella was great DT too and Comizzo a good goalie.

BTW, Congrats on the Gold Cup!!!

jimjo

The us got owned by Mexico. It was nice to see the us come out and go up two goals as opposed to their performance in the WC. it was also nice to see Adu perform. Aside from dempsy he was one of the few players for the US that really had an impact.

RNG1

Hey zol, I was in a place yesterday having a late breakfast and there was a woman's world cup game. I saw about half including a goal by the red team ( Finland) or some place like that. None of the women looked anything like these u post btw.....

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
@ Pampa - Thanks!
@ jimjo - you said it!
@ Rob - I think you meant Norway...I hear ya, female soccer players do not look anywhere close to female soccer fans

I think I am falling behind with Copa America of the honey's....

The Colombian match winner: Sofia VERGARA....
I think I know the 2 reasons why she won....
Sof%C3%ADa+Vergara.jpg

MATCH 10: Costa Rica - Johanna Solano vs. Vica Andrade - Winner VICA

duelo_costa_rica_1-1309284893.jpg

duelo_costa_rica_2-1309284975.jpg

duelo_costa_rica_3-1309285005.jpg

MATCH 11: Venezuela - Alicia Machado vs. Gaby Spanic - Winner Alicia Machado

duelo_venezuela_1-1309373626.jpg

duelo_venezuela_2-1309373667.jpg

duelo_venezuela_3-1309373694.jpg

Breaking news....the U17 USA team was eliminated today by Germany 4-0! Same thing for the Argentinian team vs England...lost in penalty kicks.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
ok holiday weekend over! back to important matters like Futbol and Futbol.

Under 17 World Cup
Mexico 2-1 vs the French baguettes! Mexico in semifinals against Germany to avenge the 4-0 the Germans gave to the USA. The other semi: Uruguay vs Brazil

Women's World Cup
Mexican ladies not that lucky....tied 2-2 with New Zealand and are out...US ladies look like coasting along to 2nd rd.

Copa America
lots of ties!
Biggest disappointment Local Argentina (sorry Pampa) with a 1-1 vs Bolivia and Brazil 0-0 vs Venezuela..
The Mexican team lost last night 1-2 vs Chile after being 1-0. This is a very different team than the Gold Cup champions, bunch of young guys and a different coach, so I don't expect much.

but on the other Copa America, the important one, things are heating up as we move into the Group Phase.
The last qualification match was Brazil and was won by Adriana Lima so
the groups are set and the matches have begun....no ties allowed here!

Argentina (Dorismar) - Bolivia (Andrea Herrera): Argentina for the win!
duelo_argbol_1-1309539310.jpg

duelo_argbol_2-1309539352.jpg

duelo_argbol_3-1309539384.jpg

Colombia (Sofia Vergara) - Costa Rica (Vica Andrade): The upset, Costa Rica takes it
duelo_colcor_1-1309539710.jpg

duelo_colcor_2-1309539733.jpg

duelo_colcor_3-1309539799.jpg

Brazil (Adriana Lima) - Venezuela (Alicia Machado): Adriana Lima wins
duelo_braven_1-1309540277.jpg

duelo_braven_2-1309540309.jpg

duelo_braven_3-1309540362.jpg

RNG1

Hey I actually saw some of the woman's world cup game where I was eating lunch today. Saw brazil score 2 goals against the red team. First goal was a beauty then she ran around with her shirt pulled up a little. Check the highlight it was a great goal.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Hey I actually saw some of the woman's world cup game where I was eating lunch today. Saw brazil score 2 goals against the red team. First goal was a beauty then she ran around with her shirt pulled up a little. Check the highlight it was a great goal.

good to hear you are getting into it....hopefully not only because you want to see the girls take their shirts off after they score a goal!

Paging Pampa SOS, SOS!.....What is going on with Argentina...0-0 vs Colombia last night!?! and if not because Colombia blew 2 CLEAR chances, they would've came out with a devastating loss. The Argentinian team with so many stars yet, they seem to 'not click' playing together as a group.

and the CAoH matches continue...too many to keep up....and I notice they are recycling the pictures...not making it easy for me.

PARAGUAY-ECUADOR: PARAGUAY WINS
WC-paraguay-hot-girl-fan-Larissa-Riquelme_6.jpg
080707_ecu.jpg

URUGUAY - PERU: PERU WINS
600full-barbara-mori.jpg
4797850233_d5e1e3fb07.jpg

CHILE - MEXICO: MEXICO WINS
pameladiaz.jpg
1234391287-salma-hayek.jpg

ARGENTINA - COLOMBIA
Dorismar.jpg
2748712534_e66f174c6d.jpg

BOLIVIA - COSTA RICA
andrea_herrera_4.jpg
d3b21f2afb7b6bfa09d95f336d11f24c.wix_mp

I better stop now...

WCU17
Today is the big day, Mexico vs Germany and Uruguay vs Brazil for a place in the Finals

Women's WC
USA will have to face Brazil on the quarters this Sunday....bracket attached....you can see the European dominance....only Brazil from South America, USA from North America, Australia and Japan, the other 4 teams are from Europe.

Attachments

• WWC.JPG
    WWC.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 9

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
MEXICO to the FINAL!!!! (WCU17)

OMG, I bet you nobody here watched the game last night, but it came straight out of a Hollywood movie script...what a great game between Mexico and Germany.
Mexico went ahead 1-0 very early in the game. Because of a defense mistake, the germans came back 1-1 and that was the end of the 1st half. On the 2nd half Germany went up again by a great play, the kid dribbling almost everybody before scoring. Around minute 76, corner kick from Mexico and....it goes IN!!! Direct from the corner kick...nobody touched the ball...this is what we call "Gol Olimpico" you hardly ever see one...you need a lot of skill...(plus luck) to have the ball curve back into the net from that position and also of course avoid everybody on its way in....In this play a Mexican kid trying to get the header smacked his head into a german defender. He needed stitches and was all bandaged but continued playing...only to score the most amazing goal almost at the end of the game to give Mexico the win 3-2....a bycicle kick off a corner kick.....speechless....now if only our main team could provide this kind of entertainment :rolleyes:

3rd goal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kyS6Iof9A8

If you have 6:40 to spear...the whole highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-o-43QE4sA

Mexico will be facing Uruguay on Sunday for the World Title...woohoo!!

mexicana+mundial.jpg
mexicana.jpg
162.jpg
mexico-hot.jpg

ivonne_montero_fotos.jpg

RNG1

good to hear you are getting into it....hopefully not only because you want to see the girls take their shirts off after they score a goal!

FTR I played soccer growing up and all through high school, however keeping it real, that did not make me cool growing up in Brooklyn. I was captain and MVP my last 2 years and that made no impression on girls whatsover. They were all into the big Italian Vinny Barbarino types on the football team. I was just the white guy who ran around the dirt covered rock ridden crappy grassless "field" with the Dominican kids. My dad was actually a top ranked NY soccer official and I even got to meet Pele at a Cosmos game and still have his signed autograph pic.

Damn that is some wicked competition in pics up there.

Dirtdog

USA Women beat Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goooooaaaallll!!!!!What a game,USA plays a man down ugh woman down half the game on a red card the announcers couldn't even tell us what the penalty was,thats because there was no penalty.USA is down by 1,almost end of game,still playing a man ugh woman down they never give up.A Brazil player has an injury screams in pain,she is taken off the field on a strecher everyone blesses themselves in the stadium and at home.10 seconds later a miracle from the heavens,#13 unbuckles the straps hops off and runs onto the field only to be met with a yellow card.SOOOOOOOOOOOOO the ref adds 3mins.to the clock for this game delay and USA knocks a header into the net during the added on 3 mins.Game is tied goes to a shoot out,USA wins.How can anyone say soccer is boring.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
USA Women beat Brazil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goooooaaaallll!!!!!What a game,USA plays a man down ugh woman down half the game on a red card the announcers couldn't even tell us what the penalty was,thats because there was no penalty.USA is down by 1,almost end of game,still playing a man ugh woman down they never give up.A Brazil player has an injury screams in pain,she is taken off the field on a strecher everyone blesses themselves in the stadium and at home.10 seconds later a miracle from the heavens,#13 unbuckles the straps hops off and runs onto the field only to be met with a yellow card.SOOOOOOOOOOOOO the ref adds 3mins.to the clock for this game delay and USA knocks a header into the net during the added on 3 mins.Game is tied goes to a shoot out,USA wins.How can anyone say soccer is boring.

the problem is that you have to watch 90 min? of no scoring to get to that exiciting part....however I guess watching the TDF you have to watch all day to see a few mins of action :hmmm:

RNG1

Oh snaparooski, I only saw the first 15 minutes and US had scored like in the first 2 minutes and then again shortly after and I figured that would be it. Sounds like the rest of the game was exciting

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
easy now............FUTBOL is not BORING!!! Not like watching Golf or NASCAR or Cycling :rolleyes:....

MEXICO CHAMPIONS!!!!
Beat Uruguay 2-0 to get their 2nd WORLD CUP on the UNDER 17 Category
20110710_2302_20110710214646812_600_400.JPG

to celebrate, I forgot all about the other Futbol competitions around the world like Copa America and Ladies WC...but I didnt forget the pictures!

Sexy_soccer_girl_bikini.jpg

soccer_girls6_thumb.jpg

soccer_bikini_bottom.jpg
adidass.jpg

Top Bottom