Post 24 Hours of Allamuchy TM

Frank

Sasquatch
For those that did not do the race this year there is a need for some TM at the park related to the 24 hr race. We have been asked by the Promoters to head up the effort. If you would like to come out and lend a hand it will be appreciated. The following is the e-mail from the Propoters:

Important notice to all riders from this year's 24 Hours of Allamuchy:

The Saturday night rains of last weekend did more than just make riding
difficult and dirty. This year those torrential rains, on top of the
week of rain going into the race, resulted in some serious damage to
some of the more susceptible Allamuchy trails. We are committed to
remediating the damage done as a result of the event. In order to
repair the damage as quickly as possible, we've set up a Trail
Maintenance weekend for next Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 8 & 9. But we
will need lots of help, and we'd like to reach out to you for some
assistance.

Please let us know if you can join us for the following Trail Maintenance
(TM) project:

SAT. Sept. 8, 8:00AM to approx. 2:30PM
Meet at Mt. Allamuchy Boy Scout Camp, Camp Wheeler side. Coffee,
bagels, and cold beverages will be provided at 8:00AM. At 8:30AM we
will head out on foot to begin the TM project on the damaged trails. At
the end of the day's project we will provide pizza and more cold
beverages. All necessary tools will be provided.

SUN. Sept. 9, 8:00AM - approx. 2:30PM
Essentially the same schedule as Saturday, for as long as needed to
complete the project.

We have been coordinating these preparations with the Superintendent of
Allamuchy State Park, the management of the Boy Scout camp, and JORBA.

The first 20 people who commit to at least one full day of the project
will receive a 50% single-rider discount on an entry fee to the 2008 24
HOURS OF ALLAMUCHY. Depending on how many additional people sign up,
and for how long they work, we will keep records and provide additional
smaller discounts for next year's event.

Please respond, via email only, to the following email address with your
name, email address, day & evening phone numbers, which weekend day you
can join us, for approximately what duration that day:

INFO@24HOURSOFALLAMUCHY.COM

We will contact everyone who responds to confirm final details.

We will return the Allamuchy trails to their condition prior to this
year's race, and we'll be grateful to any of you who can join in to
help us accomplish this.

- Dan & Paul, Race Directors,
24 Hours of Allamuchy

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i replied/signed up for both days. i felt really bad about the damage we caused, and am grateful for the opportunity to try and correct some of it. i live five minutes away, so both days is no biggie.

keithsly

They may want to plan alternate dates as well.....

I know you want to pounce on the problems right away but consider this.....

Sept 8th - Century for the Cure, Phillipsburg Crit
Sept 9th - Chain Strecher (Series Race), Bear Mountain RR, and Blueberry RR

You may want to throw in an extra day for like the 15th as that weekend their is only really two events going on all weekend (MS100, and the Silvermine TT)....

Speaking for myself I can't commit to either day this weekend as I am raising money on the Century for the Cure, and will be lucky to disappear for a whole day on Sunday with having to play Daddy and all..... The 1/2 price admisssion for next year's 24HOA is a great incentive but for only 20 guys or gals crazy ......... I look at this as an opportunity to get more people then ever to discover about tm...... Imagine if you were able to get 50 guys/gals in the woods ??? :cool: WOW that would be huge right !!!

SpartaBard

i replied/signed up for both days. i felt really bad about the damage we caused, and am grateful for the opportunity to try and correct some of it. i live five minutes away, so both days is no biggie.

uh? do you have plans on Sunday, or did we cancel?

J

Jeff

I had two 9:00-3:00 IDRC courses for these days, but postponed them to lend a hand, though I didn't ride the 24HOA :) Will send an e-mail too. I find TM pretty relaxing, enjoyable, and more than worth the while.

keithsly

Forgot about that...

I had two 9:00-3:00 IDRC courses for these days, but postponed them to lend a hand, though I didn't ride the 24HOA :) Will send an e-mail too. I find TM pretty relaxing, enjoyable, and more than worth the while.

OH yeah forgot about the e-mail I got from IMBA to remind everyone about the Trail Building Class for the 8th and 9th out at Mahlon I believe it was :confused: ??

My bad it was.....

The International Mountain Bicycling Association is coming to New Jersey. Anna Laxague and Jason Wells of the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew will be in Wharton State Forest at the Batsto Visitor Center in Hammonton for a Trailbuilding School. The Crews teach “sustainable” trail building, which means building trails that last a long time and require minimal maintenance. This helps reduce trail damage, protects the environment, and enhances visitor enjoyment.

Please RSVP online. For more information, please contact Jay Jones.

Schedule:

Thursday:
7:30 PM: Club Care workshop at REI, 501 Rt 73 South, Marlton

Saturday:
9:00 - 11:30 AM: Trailbuilding School classroom session at Basto Vistor Center Auditorium, Wharton SP
11:30 - 12:30: Lunch provided by REI
12:30 - 3:30 PM: Trailbuilding School field session

Sunday:
9:00 - 11:30 AM: Trail work at Wharton SP
11:30 - Noon: Refreshments provided by D&Q
Afternoon group ride

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
good days work, with a good crew. we accomplished alot. split up into two crews, i think the crew i was with got about 4 miles done. dave and paul, the race promoters, worked right alongside with us.

ryderX

Dude,
I've got you helmet in my van. I might actually keep it, and use it to scare varmits away from my vegetable garden. PPPHHHEEEWWWWWWW

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
yeah, realized that at the pizza place. i have another one, but it smells worse. that's why i'm wearing that one.... i'm gonna start a helmet destinkifying thread.

J

Jeff

got stuck at rutgers yesterday (no license at the moment) and didnt get to allamuchy til about 1130. Some folks told me you guys were down at the other end, but I couldn't find anyone! road through a ton of trails and could see where you had been... anyhoo, leaving now agaiin now!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
did you make it jeff?

today was alot lighter, and we finished around 12:30-1. i feel pretty good about how it turned out, and no longer feel bad about riding in that slop. the trails have recovered nicely. big crowd out again today, it was good to see.

J

Jeff

heh. so i have a silly thing to admit: i was under the impression that the boy scout camp that everyones been talking about was the jefferson lake day camp!

I got there somewhere around 930, i rode through all of those trails branching off of the main one trying to find you. Then I stopped at cycle works to see if they knew anything. Jon didnt, but the existence of the REAL boy scout camp suddenly popped into my mind!

I rode there, found the sign, rode to the monument, and then spoke with Karen on the phone. At that point, she said you'd made great progress and were just about to finish so it probably wouldnt be worth it to try to find you. She suggested I just ride the 24hoa track backwards for some fun, which i did. And I'd like to say that you all did a terrific job! Just sorry I couldn't help more- but I'll make it up next year :) Afterwards, I rode to and around cranberry lake and then back to stanhope. what a beautiful day!

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Thanks

Thanks to everyone that made it out ove the weekend. The promoters were very happy with the turn out. I think the final total was 28 people, not counting the staff members fromthe 24HOA.

Everyone did a great job. Also glad to put a lot of names with faces!

Bob

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
good days work, with a good crew. we accomplished alot. split up into two crews, i think the crew i was with got about 4 miles done. dave and paul, the race promoters, worked right alongside with us.

Hey it was great to finally meet you, Sean.

Keep me in mind for the next Mahlon TM.

Joe

Top Bottom