How can I tell if my fork is shot? Recommend a replacement?

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I think the fork on my Jamis Komodo is shot. (Anything with the name "Lanch" isn't going to last long, I know :p) Is there any signs? I noticed a lot more sounds the last couple weeks i've been riding.

I've been shopping for new ones if it is blown, I don't want to spend more than 200 dollars.
I saw the Marzocchi All Mountain 3 for $197.

ytc100

I think the fork on my Jamis Komodo is shot. (Anything with the name "Lanch" isn't going to last long, I know :p) Is there any signs? I noticed a lot more sounds the last couple weeks i've been riding.

I've been shopping for new ones if it is blown, I don't want to spend more than 200 dollars.
I saw the Marzocchi All Mountain 3 for $197.

You have the RST Launch right? It might just need to be serviced but it's not very high end fork so you may be better off replacing it. Unfamiliar noises are a sign that something is up and needs attention.

Any forks under $200 *probably* won't be worth buying unless it's a killer deal.

I see the fork you're talking about at Jenson though and that looks like a good sale. I have no experience with Marzocchi so I'll leave the reviews up to others:
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2007_forks/product_128110.shtml

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
You have the RST Launch right? It might just need to be serviced but it's not very high end fork so you may be better off replacing it. Unfamiliar noises are a sign that something is up and needs attention.

yeah i figured after a handful of 3 foot drops it wouldn't be too happy :p

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
there are a couple of deals around for Manitou Minutes, which would be lighter than the AM's. Good forks for the money.

Top Bottom