Hoboken?

NickDavid

Wondering if anyone lives in or near Hoboken. I'll be moving there in a few weeks and going to be looking for some people to ride with.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I used to live there. Great place!!

www.hobokenskiclub.com does some group mountain biking rides, and there are some folks that do road rides from Hoboken up to Nyack and back on 9W.

WVP/Chimney rock is probably the closes mtb spot, but there is a good urban scene at the waterfront at the bike/skate park.

D

DANSPANK

I live in Secaucus, and work in Jersey City, not too far away. I've included Hoboken in a 45mile loop that I do early on Saturdays. There are few people on the road and you can zip all the way along the waterfront from Liberty State Park all the way to the Henry Hudson Parkway. There are many hills along the river front obviously but you can run up and the hill/cliff that sits just behind Hoboken for some lung-buster stuff. And Henry Hudson has some good hills.

Socially Hoboken is brilliant. Many after-work things going on there.

It can be a bit of a pain getting in to and leaving from Hoboken in rush hour though...

D

DANSPANK

I had a great ride today on the road. The weather wa just brilliant. I was a little limited on time but snook in almost 60 miles. If you're now in Hoboken then you can use the hill/ridge behind Hoboken for some short hill climbing pratice. My ride today took that in a few times and the Palisades run too"

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3848031

I don't quite believe the 8k of climbing, perhaps more like 3500. And my heartbeat max is off too. But I did overtake loads of roadie winnies that trundle over from the city to ride the Palisades - me in my baggy shorts, mtb shoes, helmet with a visor and non-matching water bottles!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I had a great ride today on the road. The weather wa just brilliant. I was a little limited on time but snook in almost 60 miles. If you're now in Hoboken then you can use the hill/ridge behind Hoboken for some short hill climbing pratice. My ride today took that in a few times and the Palisades run too"

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3848031

I don't quite believe the 8k of climbing, perhaps more like 3500. And my heartbeat max is off too. But I did overtake loads of roadie winnies that trundle over from the city to ride the Palisades - me in my baggy shorts, mtb shoes, helmet with a visor and non-matching water bottles!

Nice ride Dan. Do you have MB Gravity turned on on motionbased?

ArmyOfNone

I think that dan needs to take us on a road tour up there. I am really curious to see what the roads look like.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Nice ride Dan. Do you have MB Gravity turned on on motionbased?

his elevation data is probably not too far off. those are some steep and pretty decent sized hills along the river there. palisades park is definitely a nice place to train when not too many people are around.

D

DANSPANK

I would looooove to think that my little 60miler had 2000 more feet that the Lebanon 52 but I truly, highly doubt that! I do have the gravity think clicked on in motionbased so I'm not sure what the deal is...

It's a really nice ride from, say, Libert State Park (free parking) along the river and up to Nyack and back. I've heard that some New Yorkers keep going past Nyack then catch the train back to the city too.

Right along the river front from Hoboken up to the GWB is a lot of traffic and the drivers don't always give you lots of space but before 9ish on a Sunday is relatively peaceful.

This weekend will be out as England play Football (soccer) against Israel in a European qualifier and then England play the USA at rugby, both on Saturday. I think I'll be doing an easier ride on Sunday!

Top Bottom