Sunday 8/26 Ride?

ytc100

Anyone riding anywhere other than Allamuchy Sunday?
Looking for a few hours at a moderate pace.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll be out. somewhere, and likely on the baby wheels, geared and squishy. what're you thinking? MD has been treating us well...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i thought you didn't want it? no biggie. it's still yours for the needing.

i guess i'll be big wheeled and rigid. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I just didn't want to ride it as my primary if the fork didn't work out. But I'd rather have that as my backup than my old Trek FR. If you're in camp I'm sure it will be obvious by the time you need to split if I need it or not.

D

DANSPANK

I'll ride on both saturday and Sunday - Sunday would need to be after 1ish as I've got a soccer game in the morning...

Mike679

I'll ride on both saturday and Sunday - Sunday would need to be after 1ish as I've got a soccer game in the morning...

What time you looking to get out and where on Sat.? I'm planning an AM ride, like an 8:00-ish start if you wanted company. Haven't decided where to go, though.

I would normally ride at Allamuchy, but will be avoiding that to stay out of the way of the 24 hour folks. Not sure how conditions will be elsewhere (CR, LM, Deer Park, etc.). Was thinking maybe Round Valley, but haven't been too excited by that place lately, though it does drain well.

D

DANSPANK

What time you looking to get out and where on Sat.? I'm planning an AM ride, like an 8:00-ish start if you wanted company. Haven't decided where to go, though.

I would normally ride at Allamuchy, but will be avoiding that to stay out of the way of the 24 hour folks. Not sure how conditions will be elsewhere (CR, LM, Deer Park, etc.). Was thinking maybe Round Valley, but haven't been too excited by that place lately, though it does drain well.

8-9 would work - not too fused where, just looking to get out for decent ride. I'd do Round Valley in a couple of weeks but I've just come back from an extended biz trip so don't want to have my arse handed to me just yet!

Yeah, I broke down and said "soccer" - I didn't want any of you lot thinking that I was going to pad-up and play your version of rugby (only with more rules, more standing around, more padding, tight shorts, and less fun...)

ytc100

I would go Deer Park, Mahlon, Ringwood, Wayway - don't know my way around the last two if someone wants to give a tour that would be great.
Thinking around 10am Sunday although I am pretty flexible.

Riding with my wife Saturday, not sure where or when.

Mike679

8-9 would work - not too fused where, just looking to get out for decent ride. I'd do Round Valley in a couple of weeks but I've just come back from an extended biz trip so don't want to have my arse handed to me just yet!

Yeah, I broke down and said "soccer" - I didn't want any of you lot thinking that I was going to pad-up and play your version of rugby (only with more rules, more standing around, more padding, tight shorts, and less fun...)

Right about now I'm thinking Saturday, Deer Park, 8:30 start from the first lot. Haven't been on the MTB in 3+ weeks (been road riding a little, though) and have a summer cold brewing, so pace will be pretty mellow. 2 - 2.5 hours.

Let me know if you want to join...

Mike

Tonebuckets

Chimney Rock?

Bill (Scalpel 6) and I are planning on going to Chimney Rock Sunday morning, any takers? I've only been there once and Bill has never been. We ride at Hartshorne and Allaire constantly and are looking for something close but new. Actually don't mind driving to Ringwood, Round Valley, Mahlon, etc... but always hate not knowing where to go. I got lost in Waywayanda for 8 hours once and Kittantiny for 5 once. So, we're up for a lot of things.

PS- We won't slow you down by any means.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
5 hours at Kittatiny? Was it dark out?

Just stick around and there should be more group rides posted. This weekend isn't exactly the best weekend to start looking though since the Allamuchy race is going on.

ytc100

Bill (Scalpel 6) and I are planning on going to Chimney Rock Sunday morning, any takers? I've only been there once and Bill has never been. We ride at Hartshorne and Allaire constantly and are looking for something close but new. Actually don't mind driving to Ringwood, Round Valley, Mahlon, etc... but always hate not knowing where to go. I got lost in Waywayanda for 8 hours once and Kittantiny for 5 once. So, we're up for a lot of things.

PS- We won't slow you down by any means.

Thanks for the invite but I am going to pass on Chimney Rock.

Are you sure you were at Kitattinny?
http://www.mtbnj.com/directory.php?f=show&id=24
It's a pretty small place, really hard to get lost for that long. :)

I won't worry about you slowing me down if you don't worry about me slowing you down.

I would ride Kitattinny Sunday if anyone's up for that.

D

DANSPANK

Right about now I'm thinking Saturday, Deer Park, 8:30 start from the first lot. Haven't been on the MTB in 3+ weeks (been road riding a little, though) and have a summer cold brewing, so pace will be pretty mellow. 2 - 2.5 hours.

Let me know if you want to join...

Mike

Hi Mike, yeah -that will work. Never ridden Deer Park so should be fun. I'll take driving directions from the trail part of this site. I'll be in a grey audi with a brown stumpjumper on the roof.

Cheers,

Daniel.

D

DANSPANK

Ok, so how do you get to Deer Park, I couldn't find it in the trail directory!

Tonebuckets

You guys might be right about Kittatiny. I've raced there a couple times even and now that I think about it I can't remember where it was we got lost. Well Waywayanda that's a definite, but the other place was: there's a parking lot near a lake, and they're always racing those remote controlled boats. lol I'm pretty sure that's where we got lost. Anyway, keep in touch and hopefully we can figure something out. Thanks again.

Good things.

ytc100

You guys might be right about Kittatiny. I've raced there a couple times even and now that I think about it I can't remember where it was we got lost. Well Waywayanda that's a definite, but the other place was: there's a parking lot near a lake, and they're always racing those remote controlled boats. lol I'm pretty sure that's where we got lost. Anyway, keep in touch and hopefully we can figure something out. Thanks again.

Good things.

This sounds like Mahlon Dickerson maybe. You could get lost back there for sure.

Mike679

Hi Mike, yeah -that will work. Never ridden Deer Park so should be fun. I'll take driving directions from the trail part of this site. I'll be in a grey audi with a brown stumpjumper on the roof.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Cool, I'll be in a silver Highlander w/ a silver Stumpjumper.

Mike

Top Bottom