Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Don't forget about these...
e_rich_frosted_donut1.gif
Ah yes, another Gozick family favorite, as you already know.:D

Can't go wrong with those either.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
..... extra batteries for energi-to-go, list of excuses, jet pack to aid in climbing that cursed first hill yet again.

.... hey, I thought I had the copywright on the list of excuses for not racing 24 hrs?

This is my first time, so thanks for the ideas. And I'm just there as support. With a sponsor like Campmor how could I say no to camping? Right ?

NJ Jess

Love this idea

My secret item on the never before published gear list is:
A bottle of Rain X and a bottle of Fog X. If you wear glasses of any sort Rain is critical.
Good night and have a pleasant 24 HOA, while I lounge on a beach some place on the Vineyard...

And have used it often. Fox X wipes also work well.

Question? (Since I know you know)
I'm bringing my HID which runs great. When it gets weak,..I should turn it off and NOT let it run dry, right?

I'm also taking my Halogens incase there is lots of fog. These SHOULD run dry and then recharged, right?

Jess

I'll jump in..... to my understanding if you run either setup untill it no longer works "as normal" then turn it off and recharge you'll be fine.

ytc100

And have used it often. Fox X wipes also work well.

Question? (Since I know you know)
I'm bringing my HID which runs great. When it gets weak,..I should turn it off and NOT let it run dry, right?

I'm also taking my Halogens incase there is lots of fog. These SHOULD run dry and then recharged, right?

It's more the battery type than the light type that determines optimum discharge/charging cycles.
NiCad should be nearly fully discharged (when the light begins to noticeably dim - not when the light stops working) before recharging although modern NiCads are supposed to be more resistant to the "memory effect". Li-ion batteries can be re-charged at any point in the discharge cycle without ill effect although they should also not be discharged to the point where the light severely dims.

Here's a handy chart for different battery types:
http://batteryuniversity.com/partone-21.htm

More info on batteries than you ever wanted to know on that site.

Top Bottom