Please allow myself to introduce myself...

W

whpprsnppr

Just saying hi. I've been a member/lurker for a bit, but just realized I never said "hello."

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mick Jagger is not
On a mountain bike right now
Welcome to the site

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
pleased to meet you
norm will surely upset you soon
welcome to the nut house. :D

That's not a haiku!

well, he is only off by one misplaced syllable; and while I applaude Norm's technical correctness with regard to the 5-7-5 syllabic structure of haiku, authentic Haiku tends more strongly towards themes of nature. Senryu would be the more appropriate form for themes of a human/sociological nature.

In oaken forests
breath of wind stirs trembling leaves
Autumn is awake

ah, 5-7-5! freakin' wikipedia....

don't beat yourself up about it too much; japanese pronunciation is very different from English (duh). 5-7-5 is a general guide given the difficulty of translating Japanese characters directly into English; a word they say in 2 syllables might take us 3 or 4, or only 1, so we use a loose guide for writing Haiku in English.

I had a friend from Japan who used to write the most lovely haiku in her letters. She would write them in Japanese characters, then translate to English. The syllabic structure would be off by a few meters, but her poetry was so lovely that technicality was overlooked in order to appreciate the sheer beauty of her words. Art need not be judged by the strict parameters placed by the historians of a "movement" or the rules of a "genre."

Whoa, talk about a thread that has gone way off track....PS whpprsnppr, did I say hello, and welcome?

Please come to the MTBNJ picnic at Lewis Morris on October 20, if you can. I promise it is going to be a great time!

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In oaken forests
breath of wind stirs trembling leaves
Autumn is awake

What kind of greeting is that?!?! :D

Hey, it's all about nature. I greet those who ride, in nature. It's all about cross-association, or distribution of brain waves, or something.

What kind of greeting is that?!?! :D

Hey, it's all about nature. I greet those who ride, in nature. It's all about cross-association, or distribution of brain waves, or something.

Like Autum, the Whpprsnppr has been lurking all along in our midst; and his "hello" post is the breath of air that stirs our leaves as the end of a season approaches, baring the branches of our community as summer's showy foliage falls away to reveal the strength of MTBNJ.com.

How's that for some Creative BS?

Last edited:
N

NMBPmike

read between the lines

all I heard was the word PICNIC! "someone say food"? :D Oct.20th???
Ok,ok welcome to the Nut house! Please stay seated and enjoy the ride!.

mike
AKA NMBPmike

"Tis emal haz ben speld chked & doochd pruf"

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmyOfNone

all I heard was the word PICNIC! "someone say food"? :D Oct.20th???
Ok,ok welcome to the Nut house! Please stay seated and enjoy the ride!.

mike
AKA NMBPmike

"Tis emal haz ben speld chked & doochd pruf"

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Someone stole SOMEONES line

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
.......my name is Richie Cunningham...yeah baby! Welcomen

If someone didn mention Austin powers I was going to be very upset. Of course it would be SG himself to pick up on it!

Welcome to the board!

Top Bottom