100 mile races on East Coast?

xc62701

Hey guys, I'm thinking of what I might try next year and I think I might try one of these 100 mile races if training goes well. What races are on the east coast that are worth looking into?

Ryan H.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
the list of qualifying events for the solo 24 hr world champs is a pretty comprehensive list of events all over north america. there 5 or 6 eastern 100 mile events on there. the current list only has 2006 dates, but i'm sure the 2007 dates will be somewhat similar. assuming it's at a similar date(give or take a week), i'm hoping to start my season with the cohutta 100 in tennessee in late april. http://www.newleafadventures.com/

http://www.24hoursofadrenalin.com/twenty4/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsp_soloQualify&eventContentID=701d36dd-7e90-e2a3-b54c-9446f148c77d

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sean,

From what I understand Cohutta is a well done race (last year was the first year I believe). The 2007 race is on April 21 and has about 35 miles of singletrack.

Norm

ArmyOfNone

Heythorp @ the wilderness 101

I spoke to Heythorp this morning on his way up to the wilderness 101. Not sure if many ppl were aware that he was riding, but hes out there. Not sure what time they started but my guess is that he has about 10 more hours of riding left. :puke: :puke: :puke:

Kick ass sea bass!

xc62701

I was there, I just got back actually. What a cool race. Tons of climbing and some sweet singletrack. I"m glad to be off the saddle and to have beaten my goal of 12 hours. I finished in 10 hours 36 minutes and 44 seconds. That's some serious saddle time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there, I just got back actually. What a cool race. Tons of climbing and some sweet singletrack. I"m glad to be off the saddle and to have beaten my goal of 12 hours. I finished in 10 hours 36 minutes and 44 seconds. That's some serious saddle time.

Congrats man. What is the course like? How does it compare to, say, 3 laps of the 50k or 10 laps of the 24HOA? I'd love to try one of these things someday but 100 miles off-road seems pretty freaking daunting. Good job on your time. Next year you'll be banging on the 10 hour door.

ArmyOfNone

congrats!

That is unreal. Hell of a job man. I was talking to someone about these types of races. I think id do it once, just to say i did it. Crazy!

xc62701

Congrats man. What is the course like? How does it compare to, say, 3 laps of the 50k or 10 laps of the 24HOA? I'd love to try one of these things someday but 100 miles off-road seems pretty freaking daunting. Good job on your time. Next year you'll be banging on the 10 hour door.

Lets see I did the 10 laps at allamuchy and that was pretty tough. I'd say easier overall than the 100 cause I got about 4 hours of sleep and some nice breaks while doing all those miles. Technically the 24 would be harder cause it's all singletrack. 3 laps of the 50 would be insane. I'd say much harder than the 101. I think 3 laps of the 50 would have just as much vertical but it would be technical the entire way. The 101 saves you a bit cause there's a bunch of fire roads. Either way any of the 3 is a sweet accomplishment.

xc62701

That is unreal. Hell of a job man. I was talking to someone about these types of races. I think id do it once, just to say i did it. Crazy!

They are definitely an accomplishment. I am so happy with just finishing. I was aiming for 12 hours and killed that. I couldn't be happier. I just wish I had a new pair of legs to use today :D Time for a little recovery spin...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Lets see I did the 10 laps at allamuchy and that was pretty tough. I'd say easier overall than the 100 cause I got about 4 hours of sleep and some nice breaks while doing all those miles. Technically the 24 would be harder cause it's all singletrack. 3 laps of the 50 would be insane. I'd say much harder than the 101. I think 3 laps of the 50 would have just as much vertical but it would be technical the entire way. The 101 saves you a bit cause there's a bunch of fire roads. Either way any of the 3 is a sweet accomplishment.

Thanks for the feedback. I did a lot of the 50k course yesterday and I said to myself there was no chance on Earth I could possibly have done 3 of those yesterday. Great job again, man!

xc62701

Thanks for the feedback. I did a lot of the 50k course yesterday and I said to myself there was no chance on Earth I could possibly have done 3 of those yesterday. Great job again, man!

Yea that would be super rough. It took me 4 hours 19 minutes to do that course once...3 times...holy crap...

Top Bottom