Lefty Fender?

Glancing Aft

Has anyone ever seen a front fender for sale that's advertised as being compatible with a cannondale lefty fork? Last year I bought a THE Fender knowing it wouldn't fit, and sure enough it did not...

shrowds just don't cut it...

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
here's what you do will: click on his name...see it down there in orange? click on the 'send private message' line. send a private message. or, just go to the halters website get the number and call. technology is crazy these days! :D

Glancing Aft

Yes. You want my SS and bank account #s too? There really isn't much for the taking in it though ;) :p

Where have we run into eachother?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well thankfully there was no running into involved. Going out to the race last Friday evening some guy flew by me on route 78, driving a blue Honda with an orange Cannondale on the roof, text messaging as he did so. Jersey plates.

I said, "I wonder if that was that guy Glancing Aft."

Glancing Aft

Oh God, I sound like a terrible ambassador for mountain biking and the state of New Jersey... Well not that people think too highly of new jersey to begin with.
:: Hangs head in shame.
Did you have your bike outside your car/truck? I don't remember passing any mountain bikers on my way out last week.

anyway, back to fenders please?

Oh God, I sound like a terrible ambassador for mountain biking and the state of New Jersey... Well not that people think too highly of new jersey to begin with.
Did you have your bike outside your car/truck? I don't remember passing any mountain bikers on my way out last week.

So much for mods being the first line of defense against derailed threads :p

GA, PM JDog and see what he has to say. I rode a Jekyll with a Lefty for a few years and no fenders were available, but by now either 1) the market has responded to consumer demand for such a product, or 2) JDog has found a way to rig a fender mount to fit the diameter of the lefty head tube.

Trust in JDog!

(that might just have to be one of my entries in the slogan contest - NO STEALING!)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

LOL! No, I had my bike in the car, basically because of the torrential downpour we went through 30 minutes later.

You don't need fenders. Don't ride in the mud.

Glancing Aft

LOL! No, I had my bike in the car, basically because of the torrential downpour we went through 30 minutes later.

You don't need fenders. Don't ride in the mud.

That storm was terrible! I got hit even worse on the way home on Sunday with a hail storm. Thankfully the bike was in the car by then.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My car, which does not have a bike fender on it (on topic!), does really badly when it gets extremely humid. By "really badly" I mean it sometimes doesn't start. As I was going through that all I could think of was, "Man, this is really gonna suck if this POS stalls." What's worse is that a lot of that was through a construction area with no shoulder. Thankfully I got there to properly DNF as opposed to having it done for me by the car.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
there's gotta be a way you could rig the THE fender to fit it. get a little bracket from home depot that you could double zip tie to the lower crown, that extends to under the steerer where you could bolt on the fender. be creative.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
grunge guard

Try the planet bike grunge guard. It mounts on the downtube and is quite effective. It is also quickly removed for those dry rides.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
2 things....

Norm is kind of a stalker.....:D

Who needs a fender?.....GET DIRTY!!! ;)

Last edited:

ArmyOfNone

Norm you can stalk me anytime :p....no worries.

I have yet to see anything floating around the shop that is lefty specific. I think the fender on the down tube sounds like a good fix.

Top Bottom