New Ringwood rider

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Oh, I forgot. If you hadn't made the wrong turns and followed the loop in the map:), you would've hit some doubletrack/fireroads that are not so rocky and technical so it is a good mix for a Ringwood Noob. And it includes the famous "Race Course" trail near Shepard Lake.

I know that map is hard to follow, it took me a few years to get to know the whole park.

D

DANSPANK

Oh, I forgot. If you hadn't made the wrong turns and followed the loop in the map:), you would've hit some doubletrack/fireroads that are not so rocky and technical so it is a good mix for a Ringwood Noob. And it includes the famous "Race Course" trail near Shepard Lake.

I know that map is hard to follow, it took me a few years to get to know the whole park.

I did try. Honest!

I think I forgot to add that a couple of the rocks made me smash my blueberries and one near-endo made me take a knock to the old chap - there're no babies in my future any time soon...

Last edited by a moderator:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
I think the shipping weight is like 35lbs.. That means I need to sell 58 of them.

I might do 25 but 58 might be a stretch.

I am now in the top 20 C-dale dealers in the USA so maybe I can do it.

Want one?? I have an XL.

j

as soon as they start making steel bikes and making suspension forks that don't stop working after a few months.... :D

cem

yellow trail

I was on the yellow trail today. I always forget just how rugged it is. Parked at the lower lot on skyline. Took the road to the start of the cannonball (soccer field) then worked my way up to the top of Skyline then out ringwood on the yellow. My plan was hit some more stuff in ringwood, but the yellow and humidity just kicked my ass. Rode the yellow to blue, then took the CB back to the lower lot.
Yikes!

Chris

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3485246

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I was on the yellow trail today. I always forget just how rugged it is. Parked at the lower lot on skyline. Took the road to the start of the cannonball (soccer field) then worked my way up to the top of Skyline then out ringwood on the yellow. My plan was hit some more stuff in ringwood, but the yellow and humidity just kicked my ass. Rode the yellow to blue, then took the CB back to the lower lot.
Yikes!

Chris

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3485246

Awesome! Yeah, humidity this weekend was terrible and it didn't help that I was riding my SS :drooling:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
You know it's crazy the number of 29ers I'm starting to see at these races. Seems like everyone picks up a 29er when the 26-inch bike breaks. I'm seriously starting to think about it.
I'm heading there as well, but not any time soon, I'd say. New CX bike is still waiting to get some real use first.

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
Is this the map you have (RVCC)?
I highlighted a loop for you on this map:
RVCCringwoodloop.jpg

It is not the craziest loop and definitely not ALL what this park has to offer but it can get you a feel for the park. I don't know what you mean by advanced, but this is a mix of singletrack and fireroad. I ride there often, if you like I can show you around one of these days.

If you are really adventurous you can try to ride towards BEAR SWAMP and back. The trails that take you out there are a Blast (techy:cool:)

The highlights of this loop are BLUEBERRY, POISON IVY, RENEGADE, and then where I labeled RC (for Race Course, which starts a little bit after the "Ruins").
Oh yes, and start at the Beach House

I hope this helps,

would you be a sport and outline the racecourse on that map for me?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I'm a sport....or so it says below my nick...I used to be a Dried Chorizo, but I dunno what happened...I have to ask Shaggz... :hmmm: :D

I'll do it when I get home, I have the racecourse from last year's H2H. If that is what you need. I dunno if it is always the same year after year.

SpartaBard

elzoller, now that I finally have connected a face to your name, I would love a tour of Ringwood one of these days.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I think I am supposed to lead a ride there at one point...:hmmm: ...so I'll keep you posted. I'm on vacation for 2 weekends and then the Churn N Burn....so probably until Oct....

here is the racecourse map lawndart asked for

Attachments

• RVCC Ringwood Map - Race Course 2006.pdf
    254.2 KB · Views: 365

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions