Hartshorn Conditions

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Has anyone been to hatrshorn lately thinking of hitting it up tomm.morning woundering what the trail conditions are like.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Has anyone been to hatrshorn lately thinking of hitting it up tomm.morning woundering what the trail conditions are like.

That place need some serious work. The trails are beat down.

I wish I was a bit closer so I could put in the time I put in at 6m.

Still fun but worked.

j

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
As J. says, Hartshorne is pretty mangy these days. Lots of rain ruts. Rocky Point is pretty overgrown.

Certainly still ridable though. I was there this morning as well as at Huber.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
who lives nearby? adopt a trail!! it's easy and takes little to no time to get approval to go out there. commitment is only three days a year in most jurisdictions.

Frank

Sasquatch
please be patient

We are working with the Monmouth Cty Parks system to try and build a better Trail Maint. schedule. Currently they spread their schedule over many parks, the problem is that Hartshorne needs a schedule all it's own. A dedicated crew of volunteers with new trail skills could really turn that park around. Current policy requires volunteers to attend a Safety/ Trail building class before you can help in their parks.

jdog

Shop Keep
We are working with the Monmouth Cty Parks system to try and build a better Trail Maint. schedule. Currently they spread their schedule over many parks, the problem is that Hartshorne needs a schedule all it's own. A dedicated crew of volunteers with new trail skills could really turn that park around. Current policy requires volunteers to attend a Safety/ Trail building class before you can help in their parks.

I got mad skills YO.

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
As J. says, Hartshorne is pretty mangy these days. Lots of rain ruts. Rocky Point is pretty overgrown.

Certainly still ridable though. I was there this morning as well as at Huber.

Thanks for the heads up bro,i didnt make it down there today i went to get my gear bag this morn.and had forgot i left it at the shop,so went to CR instead.

N

NMBPmike

Hartshorne

Hey group,
Yes HT is looking pretty bad this last couple of months, rest assured i am working with the volunteer Coordinator Susan Walsh to formulate a larger trail schedule and have a dedicated trail crew just for Hartshorne. As the Master Volunteer and trail builder for MCPS i will talk with Susan about setting up my own training classes for Newbie’s looking to help out. Monmouth county is privately funded county park not like Allaire or Cheesquake that is state run, so Monmouth county has to report everything they do to the Board of chosen freeholders and the insurance policy states any new volunteer must complete a trails training class, sorry not my policy but MCPS policy.
See you on the trails,

Last edited by a moderator:

jdog

Shop Keep
I can be there any Sunday after August. I am ready and willing. I have some good ideas on some easy re-routes that are very needed.

j

N

NMBPmike

I can be there any Sunday after August. I am ready and willing. I have some good ideas on some easy re-routes that are very needed.

j

Jay, It would be cool to have you in the ranks. Ill keep you posted on the next training session and trails date.

Top Bottom