Check out this Walmart Bike....

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
What's up with it only coming in three sizes?

The mold for a typical carbon frame is in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. That's a lot of POS full carbon bikes WallyWorld would need to sell to make it viable. Tom Boonens new Tarmac SL2 with stock Campy record was something like half a million dollars because it was specially make for him and uses a very unique layout to build the frame.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah I agree Walmart would just swap it out no questions asked. It's probably not a good thing for ye olde LBS though I can't imagine many people are dropping $2k on a bike at Walmart.

ArmyOfNone

walmart would most likely just take it back and replace it if possible if it broke. even if it didn't shift correctly they would most likely do that. same with most mass merchants.

that bike doesn't look bad though.

the scary one is this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5639918

O my what have they done. Im sure people will if they have not done so already ride this thing like it cost 5 grand. Looks like trouble.

This made me think of a guy standing at the fox tent with is Rush carbon needing someone to explain how to work the pro pedal. You think you would know a bit about your bike or riding in general if you have a 5 thousand something dollar bike?

To top it off the was running some carbon magura brakes and i asked him about them and he had no clue. He thought they came stock on the bike.

Just a bit weird.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
"This combination of advanced composites and performance components has never been offered on the market until now."

that's as big of a lie as possible. even the frame design is based off the old raleigh technium carbon bikes......

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
"This combination of advanced composites and performance components has never been offered on the market until now."

that's as big of a lie as possible. even the frame design is based off the old raleigh technium carbon bikes......

A lot of things are possible. I mean they could say it flies like pigs in frozen over hell.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
These bikes better get some secondary retention devices since these wheels are bound to fall off for sure..

anrothar

entirely thrilled
perhaps mandatory tether cables connecting all tubes too, as the welds are almost definitely gonna snap if ridden off a curb.

cem

These bikes better get some secondary retention devices since these wheels are bound to fall off for sure..

Shipping Weight (in pounds): 40.0

I'm sure this is not an issue since you probably can't even get this thing off the ground.

Top Bottom