trail talk- other areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
how about a 'near nj' section, for reviews of places like wissahickon, blue mtn, jim thorpe, fair hill md, etc? just a sub-forum, nothing fancy.

D

DANSPANK

You know, I was thinking about that too. I know NY has some great trails that aren't too far away.

I officially second this motion...

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
I was thinking about this today after reading all the posts in the " 'new' parks..." post. I think it would be a great idea 'cause I know a lot of people have been riding outside of NJ at one point or another.

SpartaBard

PA, Lehigh Valley

Yeah, I am thinking about trekking out to Bethlehem Pa to ride Salisbury. Bob W. mentioned this place to me, and said that a lot of trail work is going on on there. Anyone been there? Another nearby place is Jacobsburg in Belfast, Pa, fun place, although recent TM work done by the park has taken the fun out of a couple trails.

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Sals

Brad,

If you are going to Sals and want a guide let me know, I can put you in touch with the right folks that would be very happy to show you around.

Bob

SpartaBard

Brad,

If you are going to Sals and want a guide let me know, I can put you in touch with the right folks that would be very happy to show you around.

Bob

ok, no plans to head out there yet, but I will keep that in mind.

I found some info online through the group you mentioned. They have a map posted and it doesn't look too confusing.

Glancing Aft

I think this would be a great idea too, I ride out in PA a bunch as well as upstate NY so it would be great to have a place to talk about it.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We should really set up a bunch of MotionBased links to the various parks as well. Say you want to check out Blue Mountain. Well here's a link from my ride last month, etc etc. This obviously applies to NJ parks as much or more than other area parks. And it would be really cool to put in different loops, say a basic loop to get a feel for the park as well as a comprehensive loop. Then you could GPS directions to the trail head and you could spend an entire day staring at a GPS screen - first in your car then on your bike.

Yes Norm that's a great idea, why not start it?

Shut up brain.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Motion Based

I was kind of hoping you guys would start posting you MB/GPS data in the regular trail directory as well.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't usually take the GPS on off-road rides if I'm going to hammer. I don't want to break the thing if I staaaa...crash. One of these days I'll go do my LM super loop and post it.

ArmyOfNone

We should really set up a bunch of MotionBased links to the various parks as well. Say you want to check out Blue Mountain. Well here's a link from my ride last month, etc etc. This obviously applies to NJ parks as much or more than other area parks. And it would be really cool to put in different loops, say a basic loop to get a feel for the park as well as a comprehensive loop. Then you could GPS directions to the trail head and you could spend an entire day staring at a GPS screen - first in your car then on your bike.

Yes Norm that's a great idea, why not start it?

Shut up brain.

Brain? Who is he? Hes got some good ideas. Ill post up a bunch of my rides in each parks section as senor shaggz requested.

D

DANSPANK

I've been doing this for ages, as well as timing myself up some of the hills and stuff. You lot take ages to catch on!!

SpartaBard

I also have tons of gps data that can be uploaded. I did at one point upload my data for MD. I have a few other parks completed as well.

Shaggz

A strong 7
brad - i was actually thinking of recruiting you for some of this work. i will start creating a gps sticky for each trail.

Last edited:

SpartaBard

brad - i was actually thinking of recruiting you for some of this work. i will start creating a gps sticky for each trail.

Off the top of my head, I have greater than 90% of the trails for MD, KVSP, Huber Woods, Hartshorne, Clayton, Lewis Morris, Tourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom