Mary's makeover

walter

Fourth Party
Mary went on a little vacation, and when she came home, she was a bit lighter, this was the first round.

walter

Fourth Party
I have been looking for a picture to put in the "motivation" thread, but couldn't find one. Today, as I was taking the photos, my daughter asked if she could be in a picture. Anyway, this is why I get up at 4 am everyday, bust my ass, and come home.

walter

Fourth Party
nice walt! she looks good. what's the weight now?

Fred, Dan and I where all at Jdogs shop at the same time on Saturday, so we threw it on the scale, came in at a hair over 26 lbs. Oddly enough, the Cannondale F29 was 2 pounds lighter at 24 and change.

D

DANSPANK

I have been looking for a picture to put in the "motivation" thread, but couldn't find one. Today, as I was taking the photos, my daughter asked if she could be in a picture. Anyway, this is why I get up at 4 am everyday, bust my ass, and come home.

That bike's way too big for her. She won't even grow in to it for years!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Looks very nice indeed. Cool parts choices.

I bet you're gonna really like that fork especially.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

What a cutie, Walter. Absolutely adorable.

walter

Fourth Party
Looks great, but most important... HOW DOES SHE RIDE?

Jeff, thumbs up so far on the rotor ring. I dont know if its all the propaganda being pushed into my head but it really seems to level out the lower rpm spins.

The bars and stem are on loan until I decide on a length and rise, and the fork is very interesting. It reminded me of the first time I rode carbon bars, but on a much greater scale. It does have a bit of flex to it, but I suppose that is what softens the ride, and also I am on the top of the limit weight wise, so if someone who was 140 pounds rode it, it may not flex as much. All in all, I like it.

walter

Fourth Party
great bike, and cute little girl. i guess she gets her looks from Mrs. Walter - :D

Actually, if I showed you pictures of me when I was her age, we could pass for brother and sister. Hopefully she wont morph into the mess that I am.

J-Dro

Jeff, thumbs up so far on the rotor ring. I dont know if its all the propaganda being pushed into my head but it really seems to level out the lower rpm spins.

I changed to a rotor ring a few months ago on my XXIX. Definitely noticed a difference in pedaling, especially on sustained uphills. I went from a 33T normal ring to a 34T rotor ring and I think its the perfect gear combo for me. I'm running 20T in the rear and was originally going to switch to 22T to make the climbs a bit easier. But jdog convinced me to try the rotor ring instead and I never looked back.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
finally!

I am very happy to report that my first order of Tubeless ready 29er Python NG tires will land at the shop on Friday.

I am loving this tire.

You guys will too.. At least in the summer anyway.

j

Top Bottom