Chain Stretcher Course....

ChrisRU

Yeah as good as the map looks on paper, some of the scaling/positioning of the intersections are definiately screwy or have changed. Switchback to lower stinger is pretty easy to follow out of the parking lot, the middle of the park is where things get a bit tricky. If you can get on Stinger then find Upper Sis, upper Sis leads directly into Lower. Chewbacca is pretty easy to find from there after turning onto the fireroad. I have not ridden Yin or Yang in awhile, so I'm not sure how they are looking. Most of the intersection markers are gone. Trailheads can be tricky to find and the intersections can be confusing. At 33 for example, it looks like you would go straight if coming from 44 to get to upper sis, but you actually have to bang a sharp left uphill.

I was up at Blue on Monday and did a loop very close to the course layout. its going to be a lot of fun. Everything flows really well in this direction.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
looking forward to riding Blue MT. for the 3rd weekend in a row, only this time i'm gonna have lots of company.
see you there

gtluke

The Moped
Help me with my placement, which trail has that little bridge with a tree growing out of the side of it? I know it's one of them that leads back towards the parking lot, yin, yang, or chewbacca
I think...

Oreo

Help me with my placement, which trail has that little bridge with a tree growing out of the side of it? I know it's one of them that leads back towards the parking lot, yin, yang, or chewbacca
I think...

Thats Yang, close to the end before you get to the fireroad to make a left to go to Yin. If you're looking for that techy downhill section before the bridge, the race course direction will make you climb it. You'll see a good number of racers walk that section. Its tricky.

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We are lucky to have a local who knows the course keep us flowing friday for anyone that can make ten...

MMuller

I'm in for Friday. A couple hours from me so not too too early would be great. Let me know and I'll try to get there.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
alex, do you have your elevation correction on? 1200 per 6.5 mi lap seems like quite a bit.

Oreo

alex, do you have your elevation correction on? 1200 per 6.5 mi lap seems like quite a bit.

Hmmm, thats probly why. I thought it was 900 when I did the first lap. The elevation correction is Disabled. :mad:

Corrected its 825/Lap, OK, thats not so bad.

Last edited:

mtbfelipe

It should be fun with or without climbs, blue is great. Now one thing I noticed is that for the past 3 years the H2H races are getting flatter and flatter and longer, Tymor had less climbing this year, last year they removed that climb from the Jungle Habitat course, Ringwood had less singletrack and the course got easier and flatter too. On the other hand, the NYSMTB is getting steeper every year, and shorter too, more intense, venues like Belleayre had it all, great climbs and long steep descents, closer to the National Championship races...so I'm sure the NYSMTB favors some and the H2H favors others...good thing we can do both or either.:)

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just got done with pre-ride. Most of the tough climbs are on the 1st half of the course. I predict lots of carnage.

Top Bottom