Chimney Rock Today

R

remolution

Went to Chimney Rock today. I think it may have been too ambitious for my second ride. Anyone have any suggestions in that area or northern Jersey where I can cut my teeth (def. figuratively) and gain some skills and confidence? Is Kittatiny easier? Patriot's Path? The inner loop of Allamuchy?

I don't know if you've been to Lewis Morris yet but that's rolling so perhaps easier. Also try Allaire - great place!

Went to Chimney Rock today. I think it may have been too ambitious for my second ride. Anyone have any suggestions in that area or northern Jersey where I can cut my teeth (def. figuratively) and gain some skills and confidence? Is Kittatiny easier? Patriot's Path? The inner loop of Allamuchy?

I would suggest Kittatiny, however you should find somebody to guide you. I was there yesterday for the first time and my buddy couldn't remember all the trails. I think it is pretty easy terrain, nice, fast twisty singletrack, but I didn't see many rocks or roots and not a lot of climbing. I didn't see any logs either. Perhaps I was in the wrong trails. :hmmm:

Lewis Morris is about the same, but again I've only been there a couple of times so I am not familiar with the trails.

lewis morris is rolling but could be tough as there are some more extended rooty climbs that can be not so much fun.

But overall the place is a blast.

Lewis Morris is a great place to learn I think. It's not easy because of the hills but you're also not thrown in with the technical of a place like Chimney Rock from the door. For the most part Patriot's Path is little different than the road.

remo: +1 on kittatiny. if i ever get better, i will take you on a tour.
ElZ: lemme know when you are going next time and I will return the ringwood favors.

If you stay in the woods at Chimney Rock its a pretty good place to learn. no big rocks like the rest of the place, and some good ups and downs for a new rider.
Hank

Back
Top Bottom