the sopranos....

PatrickBrown

the wife and me thought our cable went out....

I was pissed about it ending that way. but super glad to see phil leotardo get it.

they leave you with a few possible scenarios for an ending, but nothing near certain. I need closure lol

D

DANSPANK

I thought it was kind of cool, really. I thought about all of the people at all of the Sopranos parties all of a sudden jumping up and checking their cable! Muppets!

I heard a few people talking about it suggesting that the blackness was Tony getting shot; black, silent, then end...

But I s'pose it's caused quite a bit of commotion and people are talking about it. That's what you want so well done Sopranos!

D

DANSPANK

Oh, and I'm glad that dong Phil got it.

Last week I was pretty happy that Bobby bit the dust too - that guy was such a wet lettuce. Gangster? My arse!

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
The lyrics to the song at the end kinda give it away...

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Dont stop...

NickDavid

I read this article this morning and it changed my view on the final episode.

In the final moments of the eighty-sixth and final episode of “The Sopranos,” nothing happened—which is to say, everything happened. The HBO series’ exit was not bloody or violent, but it was perhaps worse: a portrait of an American family, eating onion rings in a New Jersey diner, consumed by the life they’ve made for themselves even as it falls down around them.

LINK HERE

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
The lyrics to the song at the end kinda give it away...

Working hard to get my fill,
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin anything to roll the dice,
Just one more time
Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

(chorus)

Dont stop...

I think that song was an excellent choice for the way they played the scene... a little bit disappointed, but not too much since I was disappointed with the last few seasons anyway

TonyC

Being a Tony from New Jersey I'm glad he didn't get whacked.
I really like how Tony had closure with his Uncle Junior, Janice, Sil, then met up with his family at the end.
Definitely had the wife and I talking when the screen went black. All possible scenarios.
I might be one of the few, but I really like how it ended.

Movie time!

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Awesome ending.

I almost had a damn anxiety attack from those last 5 minutes. That means it was a job well done.

PatrickBrown

from another site........

The guy at the bar is credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely Genius!!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop". Not the fans!!! Tony would like it to keep going but just as we have to say goodbye, so does he. No more Tony and I guess we are supposed to be happy that Meadow didn't get clipped as well (she would have been between the shooter and Tony) since she is the only one worth a crap in that family.

As for the blackout at the end... I think there were two flashbacks in the last two weeks of tony and bobby sitting in a boat on a lake. Tony asks Bobby what it will be like when you die. Bobby's response is that everything goes black. Hence the ending of the show going to a black screen. I think it was Nikki Leotardo who popped Tony in front of his whole family to get revenge on how Phil was killed at the gas station.

Top Bottom