6 Mile

scalpel6

First time at Six Mile today.
Fast, Fun, and very well groomed. :D

I had forgotten how much fun it is to ride a new place. I look forward to go back very soon.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep

I had forgotten how much fun it is to ride a new place. I look forward to go back very soon.

Hey Bill,

Let me know the next time you are coming and we will get you a proper tour.

j

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll

What time of day did you ride? Evening?

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
It was around lunch time. Perfect conditions :getsome:
I was asking because I'll be looking to occasionally head over there for rides around 3:30-4PM with Army of Fred and was wondering if that would ever be workable for you.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
:hmmm:

http://www.franklintwpnj.org/TAC_Initial_Report__May_16.pdf

Goverment types don't really know what to do with mt bike trails..

J,

You must sleep less than I do. I'm on drugs that keep me up 20 hours a day. What's your excuse?

Franklin Township is great isn't it. Most of these people are my customers.

6 Mile run has been nice. We've been doing a tuesday night ride with a decent turn out for the past 3 weeks. Mostly SS'ers, many 29'ers.

jdog

Shop Keep
J,

You must sleep less than I do. I'm on drugs that keep me up 20 hours a day. What's your excuse?

Franklin Township is great isn't it. Most of these people are my customers.

6 Mile run has been nice. We've been doing a Tuesday night ride with a decent turn out for the past 3 weeks. Mostly SS'ers, many 29'ers.

I have been working 12 hour days and I still sleep like 6 hours.

I have heard that you guys have been out there. I am glad that the trails are getting such use. A few years back when i started working on the trails there it would get really overgrown in the Summer. The amount of use seems to be really on the rise. I have been sending many people there to check it out. I am sure you have been doing the same.

I sold my light a while back and i am sort of waiting to see what is coming out this fall before I get a new one.

It looks like they are having a meeting on June 13th to discuss the future of the area trails. It might be good to have a bunch of folks show up there. It might be useful to have a GPS map printout showing what actually exists out there. Clearly they don't know.

I am considering it but I have been working till 8 almost every day.

http://www.franklintwpnj.org/Trails Advisory Committee to Hold Public hearing.pdf

j

Last edited:

NJ Jess

Make yourselves a JORBA chapter

Hey folks, If you are going to attend this meeting with a GPS map and list of previous TMs your guys did at 6 mile, please consider becoming a JORBA chapter. This will hopefully give you more clout on what you've done there and why. The idea is to say you are building sustainable multi-use trails so no one can kick you off the trails you are maintaining. Contact Mergs, he can help you keep control of your trails and hopefully get more funding to buy tools and supplies. Heck, perhaps you guys could put on a SS race at 6 mile.

jdog

Shop Keep
what should be said at this meeting?

Tell them that you are a good citizen of the town.

You are a cop.

You enjoy slumber party's with drunken bearded men. (maybe keep this to yourself..)

You ride your bike on the well maintained trails nearly every day and you like them the way that they are.

Adding paved or crushed stone trails would be a major mistake.

Single track trails are always preferred.

Mechanized trail work is unnecessary.

You are willing to volunteer your time and energy for trail work and design.

Tell them that this area is literally the last remaining Jewel in a land of over development. Adding too much human comforts to this park will be a mistake. Leaving it as close to it's natural form is the best course of action.

Adding a bridge over the water span west of middelbush would be wise. Other than that Little needs to be done other that proper signage and trail recognition.

j-

Wobbegong

You ride your bike on the well maintained trails nearly every day and you like them the way that they are.

Adding paved or crushed stone trails would be a major mistake.

Single track trails are always preferred.

Mechanized trail work is unnecessary.

You are willing to volunteer your time and energy for trail work and design.

Tell them that this area is literally the last remaining Jewel in a land of over development. Adding too much human comforts to this park will be a mistake. Leaving it as close to it's natural form is the best course of action.

Adding a bridge over the water span west of middelbush would be wise. Other than that Little needs to be done other that proper signage and trail recognition.

j-

Couldn't be said better. Here Here!!!!!!

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
I need a tour. I've been here twice and haven't found anything like the video had.

Someone post up their trail to ride from 27 ;)

Last edited:

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
My friend Drew used to work there. I'm about 5 minutes from Halters. I'll have to stop in and check it out.

Thanks!

ArmyOfNone

i am 1 mile from six mile and ride there regularly...and apparently we live in the same town soo.....

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i am 1 mile from six mile and ride there regularly...and apparently we live in the same town soo.....

i just started out so you'd have to excuse me if im slow/not in shape, but i feel like i hold my own. i've only heard good things from a guy named Skip who me and my friend ran into when we left. Once this rain leaves the area, I'm hoping to head up tomorrow (the 6th)

hit me up on aim!

ArmyOfNone

sounds good...dunno if ill make it out to six mile tomorrow. It still may be a bit muddy from the rain. it normally takes a few days for the place to dry out.

ill hit ya on aim soon. well im on now. you can im me

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions