So I Found a Deer Tick, Now What?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well I think it was a deer tick. They describe it as the same size as a poppy seed, and this was bigger than that, but not as big as a normal tick. I guess the first question would be, is this likely a deer tick or a small "normal" tick? The second is, do I do anything or just wait it out? I took it off, slapped and some rubbing alcohol on it. Anything else I should do?

J-Dro

The tick needs 2-3 days to burrow into the skin before it can infect you. And that assumes that particular tick is carrying the Lyme virus. Just keep an eye out on that area for a rash and look for any flu-like symptoms.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Woo hoo!

Thanks.

If you are sure it did not attach, then you don't have anything to worry about. Is it possible that it already attached and you discovered it after it disengaged from you? If that is the case and you if you still have the tick, bring it to your doctor. They can test it and see if it carries the disease. That could save you a few weeks on anti-biotics.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Well I think it was a deer tick. They describe it as the same size as a poppy seed, and this was bigger than that, but not as big as a normal tick. I guess the first question would be, is this likely a deer tick or a small "normal" tick? The second is, do I do anything or just wait it out? I took it off, slapped and some rubbing alcohol on it. Anything else I should do?

Make Funeral Arrangements.

ArmyOfNone

Norm was a good man. But his time has come. It feels just like today, i was at is house and i met his wife and kid.:D

i think you dont have much to worry about.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Dude,Al said you were dead and here you are mourning Norm's death and I'm the one the Dr's say is dead.What's going on??

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fred, Brett, and myself are all dead, contrary to the rumors.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
One more and we are a Misfits cover band(my dream).I don't know if i wanna be Danzig or Doyle.I guess i'm really too skinny for either.........

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
One more and we are a Misfits cover band(my dream).I don't know if i wanna be Danzig or Doyle.I guess i'm really too skinny for either.........
Those guys were a lot less jacked in the early days, weren't they?

Top Bottom