Breakfast?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
little late here, but my breakfast is almost always old fashioned oatmeal, with some combination of raisens, honey(accidentally typed hiney the first time), maple syrup, untoasted wheat germ, preserves, or peanutbutter. every now and then i will cook up some whole wheat pancakes, adding in any of the above mentioned stuff, and sometimes adding oatmeal to the mix.

walter

Fourth Party
I get up pretty damn early, so its tough for me to eat at home during the week, but breakfast for me usually consists of an egg white and turkey sandwich, a cliff bar or power bar and a big bottle o' poland spring. Lunch is usually alot of fruit, granola, yogurt, etc. My wife is a pretty darn good cook, and she uses alot of healthy recipes. My downfall is the post Allaire burrito, or Kelly's Tavern mini rueban and beers, or when we go out to a friends house for dinner or movie night and end up stuffin my face. I also have a bad habit of finishing my 3 y/o's food.

Shaggz

A strong 7
bro.jpg

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Fawkin Hippies!

No ride=absolutely anything in mass amounts,ride=nothing just straight to HEED or longer duration mix in the camelback.Don't worry Fred it won't catch up w/ you just keep riding and eat whatever.........................

ArmyOfNone

that is the plan

I understand why you SHOULD eat healthy. And it would be a lie if i said i dont eat healthy or try to eat healthy. If there is an alternative that is healthy but really does not sacrifice much of the taste i am game for it. But I think we all would agree that riding/exercising makes you feel a whole lot better when you sit down to a juicy burger with a side of fries, onion rings, and buffalo wings. :drooling: beer :drooling:

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i should add that i also eat oatmeal almost every morning because it's reeeaaaally cheap. we're talking like 15 cent breakfast here.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I think the beer is the main problem w/ most people on this board.Nothing good comes from alcohol.Is anyone riding tommorrow??

ArmyOfNone

I think the beer is the main problem w/ most people on this board.Nothing good comes from alcohol.Is anyone riding tommorrow??

o boy...he just opened up a HUGE can o worms

I am riding. Local. Early. It is supposed to t storm in the afternoon/evening

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
that is the plan

I understand why you SHOULD eat healthy. And it would be a lie if i said i dont eat healthy or try to eat healthy. If there is an alternative that is healthy but really does not sacrifice much of the taste i am game for it. But I think we all would agree that riding/exercising makes you feel a whole lot better when you sit down to a juicy burger with a side of fries, onion rings, and buffalo wings. :drooling: beer :drooling:

Well this is a thread about breakfast. After the ride is much more liberal, much along the lines of what PedalPadles talks about.

Yeah alcohol isn't good for you. A beer now and again is nothing but you can't have it for breakfast. Yes I'm riding tomorrow.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
if you eat any amount of greasy foods, alcohol in moderation can be very benneficial.the increased feeling of well being also has tremendous bennefits, in mental and physical health. drink a big glass of water before bed after one or two pints a night and i would dare say it's actually healthy.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i am specifically going to drink a beer with breakfast tomorrow now. :D

i encourage you all to join me.

ArmyOfNone

I have eaten a bunch of weird things before rides. For me the big thing is to make sure im full enough to make it till the next time i eat. MY fav pre ride food is a wawa sizzlie and some oj

i need to figure out what meal that is or what time of day breakfast would be. When i do...I'm in

Top Bottom