Breakfast?

NickDavid

Interetested in what you other health nuts consume for breakfast. Every morning I have either a Protein Shake or a bowl of raw oats oatmeal and a small cup of coffee right before work.

What's for breakfast?

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I ride, it's 2 scoops of Accelerade then Heed on the bike.

No ride then it varies. Today it was cooked oats with banana, raisins, and sliced almonds when I woke up. Cup of coffee in between. Slice of multigrain bread with cashew butter. 3 cups of water.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yesterday it was pancakes and two links of sausage.

today it's two fried eggs (splurging with cheese this am) and some whole wheat toast.

usually i eat kashi six days a week with either fresh berries or dried cranberries.

one and a 1/2 cups a' joe every day followed by about two gallons of water.

hey, i've been sick for a week and barely eaten anything. i can splurge. :D what is the point of life if there's no damn enjoyment. i'll just ride harder when i feel better.

For me it is usually oatmeal cooked with raisins or a chopped apple and a tablespoon of flax meal, along with a hardboiled egg and some coffee. I have this about 4 days a week, its the easiest thing to make before work. I like to add raw pumpkin seeds to my oatmeal too when I have them in the house.

Sometimes I change it up and have an egg over-easy with some whole wheat toast and a fat free yogurt.

Sunday is pancake day - I make buckwheat pancakes with flaxmeal, scoop of protein powder, and blueberries and serve 'em up with real maple syrup. I usually eat this post-ride, it is too much food to eat pre-ride.

PedalPaddles

You can combine your protein shake with the oats. You want to balance protein and carbs.

I make old fashion oatmeal (hate the quick oats) with a sliced banana and protein powder. You can mix in whatever flavors you want, like cinnamon, maple syrup, etc. This provides me with carbs and 30 grams of protein for a long ride.

Shaggz

A strong 7
it's either a bowl of multigrain cheerios with skim milk and a cup of straw- & blueberries, or oatmeal and an apple apple & banana. Btw - 189 today, down 17.6 lbs since January 1.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Big bowl of organic multi-grain cereal, Health Valley and Nature's Path being the preferred brands, with some granola sprinkled on top, and skim milk. Cup of black tea, nothing added. Glass of water and a conservative multi vitamin. This is pretty much everyday, before work or a ride.

I love oatmeal but it gives me digestive issues.

NickDavid

I think I'm gonna make tomorrow PANCAKE DAY at the Ridgewood Pancake House. Literally 100 different pancakes, 50 waffles and 20 french toast choices :)

I also have a great recipe for pancakes if you guys want it. Used to eat these daily when I was boxing

Ingerdients
1 Whole Egg
3 Egg Whites
1/2 Cup Plain Oatmeal Quaker Oats
1/2 Cup Fat Free Cottage Cheese
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Few Dashes of Cinnamon to taste
1 Packet (few dashes) of Splenda (optional)
Sugar Free Syrup
1 Gala Apple (optional)
Add Protein Powder if desired...

Directions
In blender, mix, 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites, 1/2 cup quaker oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon and splenda. Blend until completely smooth.
Slice apple into very thin pieces. (optional)

Let pan heat up first. Once hot, spray with nonfat cooking spray such as PAM.

Pour 1/8 cup of batter per pancakes and lie sliced apples over. Cook until brown and flip.

Top with sugar free or 100% maple syrup and enjoy! Taste is much different than a traditional pancake, but they are very good.

Makes 1 serving

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Anyday easy breakfast: 1/2 whole wheat bagel with almond butter, honey, ground flax and sesame seeds.

Race breakfast: 2 scramled eggs with cheese & salt. Whole wheat bread product with butter.

Twice a week treat: Homemade whole wheat belgian waffles with ground flax and sesame seeds, maybe nuts too, topped with cream cheese, fresh blueberries & blackberries, maple syrup. Yum!

All of above with coffee and calcium.

.... all courtesy of "chef-boy-artie" ! ;)

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
man, you people need to live a little. i'm all for eating healthy but sheesh. where are sean or AON. they MUST eat something other than the twigs and berries.

ArmyOfNone

lets see for breakfast i had a bowl of apple jacks, a slice of pizza, a protien shake, and fruit roll up. o and some orange juice.

I was up a bit early and didnt have time to cook. When i do cook breakfast it is something along the lines of eggo waffles and a cheese omlet w/ some sausage.

I try to do egg whites. I eat eggs a bunch and have a decent amount of red meat i try to watch the saturated fat. I wouldnt say im a healthy eater. But i try to eat stuff that is wholesome.

but when you live by yourself you take what you can get.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
man, you people need to live a little. i'm all for eating healthy but sheesh. where are sean or AON. they MUST eat something other than the twigs and berries.

Breakfast is pretty important there Bill BicepMeyer, so I try not to shit the proverbial food bed so early. My morning, lunch, and afternoon are usually pretty damn healthy. If it's going to go to shit it usually happens just after dinner.

NickDavid

I hear ya man, I bring a packed cooler full of food with me every day to work. Protein shakes, almonds, yogurts, pb&j, Turkey sammich's, fruit, drinks, snack bars, granola...

I try to do egg whites.

I try to get down 7 egg whites per night before bed.

ArmyOfNone

i had two pizza bagels and a cliff bar a few hours later. But i have been steady with the gatorade and water.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Breakfast is pretty important there Bill BicepMeyer, so I try not to shit the proverbial food bed so early. My morning, lunch, and afternoon are usually pretty damn healthy. If it's going to go to shit it usually happens just after dinner.

i know that, that's why i always eat a good one. breakfast is really a tough meal to completely fist on your own. i mean, how many people really will make themselves biscuits and gravy or home fries...or french toast sticks or dunkin' donuts? unless your significant other is from the south or mountain west, you're probably safe from the biscuits.

pancakes are A-O-TAY in my book once a week. eggs are more than fine since i hardly ever eat them with cheese (which i also think is fine but with the hot sauce cheese is just useless) and always on whole grain bread. the kashi is my usual meal so i guess i'm mostly eating twigs and berries to. with soy milk no less.

norm, i just want to see you and the rest of the mighty, mighty fly weights happy, that's all. eat and be merry! and slower for fawking god's sake! :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hear ya man, I bring a packed cooler full of food with me every day to work. Protein shakes, almonds, yogurts, pb&j, Turkey sammich's, fruit, drinks, snack bars, granola...

But in my book that's not boring food at all. I eat my veggies and all but it's not like you have to eat alfalfa sprouts and shredded carrots all day. Plenty of good tasting healthy foods out there to eat.

ArmyOfNone

eat food...ride your bike. No worries. Or thank god for my matabolism. I guess in a few more years ill have to start to worry :hmmm:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i know that, that's why i always eat a good one. breakfast is really a tough meal to completely fist on your own. i mean, how many people really will make themselves biscuits and gravy or home fries...or french toast sticks or dunkin' donuts? unless your significant other is from the south or mountain west, you're probably safe from the biscuits.

pancakes are A-O-TAY in my book once a week. eggs are more than fine since i hardly ever eat them with cheese (which i also think is fine but with the hot sauce cheese is just useless) and always on whole grain bread. the kashi is my usual meal so i guess i'm mostly eating twigs and berries to. with soy milk no less.

norm, i just want to see you and the rest of the mighty, mighty fly weights happy, that's all. eat and be merry! and slower for fawking god's sake! :D

Fly weights? Jeez what are you like 15 pounds more than me at most?

I also use soy milk, occasionally almond or rice milk. The multigrain bread we eat is really damn tasty too. Almond and cashew butter, good stuff.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
honestly, i have absolutely NO CLUE what i weigh. at all. if i had to guess, i'd say based on what i ate this past week i'm five pounds lighter than i was last week.

i actually started the soy milk thing on your recco. i like the stuff.

PedalPaddles

I prefer to eat healthy before a ride so as to enjoy it more.

But I usually make the most of my post-ride meals....My favorite is a burrito with chips, salsa, coke and/or beer....or the old western omelet with cheese, some home fries and whole wheat toast.

After a full weekend of riding, I often enjoy some potato chips and beer while I watch a race on versus Sunday night.

Everything in moderation...usually.

Top Bottom