My Six Mile Encounters

Wobbegong

Six Mile is looking great, a little mud in the usual places. Some of the high trails could actually use some moisture.

I found some bear tracks today, first time I've seen them there. They're by the stream crossing once you cross Middlebush (coming from the soccer field side). Take a look if your out that way, I marked the one print with an arrow in the dirt.

There has been some trail damage caused by dirt bikes, I finally caught one of the little buggers and gave him an earful of my thoughts. We met head to head on a section of narrow singletrack and he had no place to go. I don't think he liked me very much..:eek:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Six Mile is looking great, a little mud in the usual places. Some of the high trails could actually use some moisture.

I found some bear tracks today, first time I've seen them there. They're by the stream crossing once you cross Middlebush (coming from the soccer field side). Take a look if your out that way, I marked the one print with an arrow in the dirt.

There has been some trail damage caused by dirt bikes, I finally caught one of the little buggers and gave him an earful of my thoughts. We met head to head on a section of narrow singletrack and he had no place to go. I don't think he liked me very much..:eek:

Cool stuff. The work done over the winter has paid off.

I saw those tracks a few times and I sort of thought that they might have been from a big dog. Maybe I was hoping.

I have seen some major shredding of trees by something sharpening it's claws in a few spots too.

If you see those guys on Dirtbikes again just tell them that you have called the cops and that they are looking for them. If caught they will loose their bikes..

Fkers.

j

Wobbegong

If you see those guys on Dirtbikes again just tell them that you have called the cops and that they are looking for them. If caught they will loose their bikes..

Fkers.

j

I let him know the deal, I told him if I see him out here again I'll call the rangers and police. A warning the first time is only fair, he said he didnt know that motor bikes weren't allowed.

I'll be in later today to pick up my brake cables. Can I heat up a slice of pizza in the Shimano Shoe Fit Oven????:D

ArmyOfNone

stay off our trails! :getsome: :getsome:

When i can breath out my nose again thats where im heading. good to hear things are doing well.

jdog

Shop Keep
I already told some people 8:30.

We should have a good group.

j

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I may join you guys as well. Anyone help me out with directions to the parking lot.

jdog

Shop Keep
I may join you guys as well. Anyone help me out with directions to the parking lot.

Route 27 in north Brunswick/Franklin Park.

South bound side. North of Finnegan's lane and south of Cousins lane.

Look for the Jersey Knights Sign. Get there ready to roll away at 8:30am.

There are some good directions on the MTBR trail locator.

j

jdog

Shop Keep
a+ conditions

Big J and I went out and cut back a bunch of pricker bushes and made things nice and tidy out at the 6M. today.

The trails are in superb shape.

If you haven't been out here ever or recently I would really recommend giving it a shot.

j

Top Bottom