24 Hours of Allamuchy

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The goal - as stated from my desk at work on the last day of April - is 10 laps. Wow that sounds so much more difficult in print than in my head.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
The goal - as stated from my desk at work on the last day of April - is 10 laps. Wow that sounds so much more difficult in print than in my head.

My personal best was 5. I'm gonna shoot for more this year -- 7 or so, but I am going try to keep it to the point where I don't loose bowel control. :p

The chaffing usually gets me -- and don't forget those lovely leg cramps while taking a nap. I can't wait! Well, I can, cause the 24 hours is at the end of the summer. Let it be sllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwww in coming.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My personal best was 5. I'm gonna shoot for more this year -- 7 or so, but I am going try to keep it to the point where I don't loose bowel control. :p

Good stuff. I did 4 on Saturday last year and decided food, shower, and sleep was more worth it. Woke up and did a 5ht. Could have done a 6th but it didn't seem worth it. My unstated goal was 7 (had done 3 the year before on a team) and I wasn't going to get that so I bagged the idea and had some coffee instead.

The chaffing usually gets me -- and don't forget those lovely leg cramps while taking a nap. I can't wait! Well, I can, cause the 24 hours is at the end of the summer. Let it be sllllllllooooooooowwwwwwwwwww in coming.

Yeah I bring a lot of shorts to help the chaffing. It gets worse as the sweat builds up. Having dropped some weight this winter I'm finding the shorts don't fit as well and on longer rides the chaffing gets worse. So I ordered up some medium shorts recently to help the cause. Also look into Udderly Smooth or Chamois Butter or whatever it's called.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i missed the early reg, but will be signing up for it. last year i managed 8 laps in the first 12 hours with severe blistering on my hands causing me to stop. i had been hoping for 15 but don't think that would have happened based on the way my legs were feeling at that point. i'm still gonna set 15 as my goal this year.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i missed the early reg, but will be signing up for it. last year i managed 8 laps in the first 12 hours with severe blistering on my hands causing me to stop. i had been hoping for 15 but don't think that would have happened based on the way my legs were feeling at that point. i'm still gonna set 15 as my goal this year.

15 would be impressive, Rob Lichtenwalner territory.

Top Bottom