TOURNE TRAIL MAINTENCE need Volunteers!

RyGanley

TOURNE TRAIL MAINTENANCE need Volunteers!

Taking a hand count on who would like to Volunteers to help with Trail Maintenance at Tourne County Park in Mt. Lakes. Work will start in May!

Last edited:

ytc100

If I'm free I will be there to help.

I noticed on the most recent Tourne map that almost no trails are marked legal for biking. Any thoughts on this?

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
sorry 'bout the rant ryan. and please, post dates. i should hopefully be able to help out there.

anyway, if i'm reading that map correctly the trails trails to the top of the tourne are off limits? that's interesting.

RyGanley

that is one of the most rediculous things i have ever seen.

Ry. If these maps are correct then it appears they are trying to limmit biking there. Could this be a result of all the "new" stunt areas that have seem to pop up over the last 2 years.

Those "Stunts" should not effect were we can and can't ride as they are non sanctioned and if the county knows about them and feels they are a problem they will remove them, not close trails.

D

DANSPANK

Hullo,
If I'm here then I'll help. I like to dig holes and stuff in the heat...

bruce.b

Dickwad
I'll be there to help unless it's a really bad day for me.
That map is a joke. If those are the only trails legal to ride then that is exactly the same as banning mountain bikes. No one even rides the main allowable trail (the flat, straight, non technical trail that runs through the swamp straight to Birchwood lake) except to get to a real trail. Someone should check into this.
I used to have an in at the Morris Parks Comission, but I was a bad boy. An old high school buddy works there and I sent her an email one day about another HS classmate and said what a "pisser" she is. I even meant it in a good way! Shortly later I get an email from the friend who works there saying what did I do??? She got a note that an obscene email was intercepted that was sent to her. It was a big deal! Ha, ha, ha. I didn't even know what I could have written and told her it wasn't me. When I found out the word pisser caused a problem at the park commision I couldn't believe it. Man, am I out of the loop.
bruce of boonton

clutch

Does anyone know why the Boonton lot is closed and perhaps how long it will be closed for? I went there yesterday and the gate was closed but there didn't seem to be any reason for closing it. I ended up just parking on the street with about 6 other cars.

I'm curious also curious what type of maintenance you'll be doing? It seemed like aside from the swamp trail everything was in good shape.

ytc100

Does anyone know why the Boonton lot is closed and perhaps how long it will be closed for? I went there yesterday and the gate was closed but there didn't seem to be any reason for closing it. I ended up just parking on the street with about 6 other cars.

I'm curious also curious what type of maintenance you'll be doing? It seemed like aside from the swamp trail everything was in good shape.

Was closed again this morning, looked like they were doing construction work on Mcaffery. The Denville gates are open all the way to the ball field as an alternative.

clutch

Was closed again this morning, looked like they were doing construction work on Mcaffery. The Denville gates are open all the way to the ball field as an alternative.

I parked on the road because I wasn't familiar with how to get to the other lots, but looking at the google map, it looks pretty simple to drive around the park to get to the denville side.

RyGanley

The Trails LOOK like they are in good shape becuase the past few storms pushed all the still water off the trails making some erosion problems, but that will eventully become muddy in the summer. We have a few trails for starters they will need some Armoring (placing and shaping large rocks) and wet areas Nicked (placing the trail on a slight angle for water to wash away).

Top Bottom