2010 Formula 1 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
That sure does look like a duck-inspired car. I was always partial to the colors, though I am forced to objectively admit that they may be a bit...harsh?

The british racing green/yellow scheme was around way before U of O went to a darker shade of green. When I went there in the 80s (gulp!), the school colors were a much lighter shade of green.

The color scheme is kinda' bold, but I do like it in a cycling jersey.
collegefanfare_2089_6606126318

But the "colors" aren't the best thing about U of O :D

yp_amanda-oregon-037_842.jpg

mwlikesbikes

True, arrogant but accurate. Kinda like Motezemolo's comments about how Ferrari are the only true constructor left seeing as how their F1 cars are built in Maranello alongside their road cars.

Unless they truly do have a car ready to hot the track soon (which I doubt) USF1 needs to concede their spot to Stefan GP (the serbian vultures!)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Good Summary

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/10396.html

Looks like the bookies are favoring Alonso for the WDC (2.2/1), slightly in front of Vettel & Hamilton (4/1).

They're also picking Ferrari as the favorite for constructors (1.5/1), slightly ahead of McClaren (2/1) with Red Bull (3/1) very close.

They're giving 5/1 odds Shumi will take WDC, which is only slightly less than Vettel and Hamilton (4/1). And they're predicting it is twice as likely that Shumi will take WDC verses Button (11/1).

'More or less agree, though I must admit that 5/1 for Shumi is a bit much. If he was sitting in the Ferrari or Brawn/Mercedes was a strong early on as they were last year, I think his odds would be *almost* as good as anybody's. Actually, if Brawn/Mercedes were as strong early on as they were last year, I'd give Shumi even odds to take WDC (if Button could do it in the Brawn, Schumi could've done it w/o breaking a sweat...well, if he ever sweat).

Engignar

Schui don't sweat, he's machine not man. Or the stig. Pretty sure his blood is 0W-30 synthetic and his water is methanol.

mwlikesbikes

Qualifying was pretty good this morn. Vettel at P1 with Massa & Alonso at P2 and P3. I hope the race is as entertaining.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Qualifying was pretty good this morn. Vettel at P1 with Massa & Alonso at P2 and P3. I hope the race is as entertaining.

Not a lot of surprises...well, I was expecting Button to be a little farther up there. I also expected a little bit less of a gap between Nico and Michael, but I have to give the old man a little bit of a break.

'Was glad to see Sutil & Kubica in the top 10.

If the 107% rule was in effect, HRT would be outta' there. 'Glad the other new teams were within that window. 'Hope the back markers don't hose things up.

And out of the top 8, 6 are either former world champions or *very* close to being WDC in the last few years.

Definitely the strongest field in years.:D

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Where is the television coverage these days, in case I remember/have time to watch at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom