Tour De Franklin, April 29th

ArmyOfNone

I just got an email today in regards to this event. Its for a good cause and its a beautiful ride. I think im in. Any locals in for the ride as well? 62 miles. FUN FUN FUN!

I havent read much in the way of entry fees. I think you just may need to donate or bring some food for the pantry. Ill get back on the details.

Heres the info: http://franklinfoodbank.org/events/tour_home.htm

Walt...cmon bud ;)

walter

Fourth Party
considering I will of had my roadie for less than a month, I think the 62 miles is a bit out of my realm

D

DANSPANK

Hey Walter - it was just recently that I had my fist road ride and knocked out just shy of 55miles. The road bike seems so much more efficient plus you add it the lighter bike, better aerodynamics, smaller contact surface onto a smoother road and you might surorise yourself.

I'm sure more seasoned roadies can chime in.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No problem. You just need to pace yourself. Make sure you get a 30+ mile ride in before that. Oh and make sure you eat and drink enough in the first 2 hours. After that you should be able to suffer your way through whatever.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Possibly. I gotta see what the weekend looks like and how much it'll "cost" me in MBUs.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Walter, just multiply whatever you can do on a mtb by 3. That should be easily attainable w/ no prior preparation IMHFO.............

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
considering I will of had my roadie for less than a month, I think the 62 miles is a bit out of my realm

You could do 62 miles on your first ride.

Work up to it if need be but 62 is not really that big a deal.

j

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Walter I would be a little bit leery of expecting it to be as easy as Jdog and Brett make it out to be. If you ride 62 miles in your first ride I'll be pretty impressed to be honest. I would recommend against trying to make your first ride 62 miles, fwiw. If you can press the pace on the mtb for 4+ hours then it's one thing. But from what you've said, that's not the case. Anything over 3 hours and you enter blow-up territory. Don't get me wrong, you can blow up much earlier than that but the best laid plans can start breaking down any time after 3 hours.

Anyway, don't want to discourage you or anything like that. I just want to be the voice on the other side of the fence.

walter

Fourth Party
Walter I would be a little bit leery of expecting it to be as easy as Jdog and Brett make it out to be. If you ride 62 miles in your first ride I'll be pretty impressed to be honest. I would recommend against trying to make your first ride 62 miles, fwiw. If you can press the pace on the mtb for 4+ hours then it's one thing. But from what you've said, that's not the case. Anything over 3 hours and you enter blow-up territory. Don't get me wrong, you can blow up much earlier than that but the best laid plans can start breaking down any time after 3 hours.

Anyway, don't want to discourage you or anything like that. I just want to be the voice on the other side of the fence.

I absolutely hear you, the longest ride I have ever done was only about half of that, and it was last winter, on my geared santa cruz chameleon at my sisters house on Long Beach Island, which was end to end(18 miles) then back track to her house. There really isnt a much flatter piece of land in NJ. This will be more than I have ever done, but are these things at a casual pace, or do the guys that hammer do so?

Wobbegong

I think im in. Any locals in for the ride as well? 62 miles. FUN FUN FUN!

If I start my new job by then (same company, new position, new schedule), I'll be in for sure.

Walter, these types of rides are a "do it at your own pace" sort of thing. I've seen everything from blazing pace lines to Sunday cruisers. If your feeling burned out, stop for a while at one of the rest stops. They usually have them around every 10 miles or so.

Top Bottom