Votes: 5 14.7%
  • No, but the 8 Ball says there is one in my future

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
no, norm, not the guy from fantasy island. you either AON! :D

walt got me thinking that this could be an interesting topic. people generally fall into three categories: those with, those without and those without but would get one. so, where do you fall?

me- i have five (six if you count the cover job) with an ultimate goal somewhere near ten and a 1/2 sleeve.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Without. For me tattoos are like cigarettes - I just don't really understand them. Never considered a tattoo nor have I smoked an entire cigarette. In fact, people with tattoos scare me. Jake, you scare me. If you're smoking a cigarette the next time I see you I'm going to wet myself.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
niccotine free going on four months now. i never smoked, i chewed.

SpartaBard

Shaggz and I actually have matching tattoos... seriously.

I have one on my right leg just above the ankle.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i think you should wet yourself next time you see jake anyway.

i have two. currently also have both earlobes stretched to 1/2", and formerly had 10 guage rings in my nipples. yes, there.

walter

Fourth Party
currently only one tattoo, a tribute 12 of us got for a close friend who was killed when we were younger, but I am finally working with someone after a long search to do left and right half sleeves, may even let it continue onto my back, and around my collar bone. Oh yeh, the nipple thing here also, but still got them, they were a present from my wife on my birthday.

ArmyOfNone

interesting very interesting.

When i was younger...hehe...i always thought i wanted a tatoo. But then the novilty wore off i guess. I think they are cool as hell. I know a bunch of guys who have had some really nice work done. But its just not for me. However i think in a case like walters i just may. No piercings either.

Shaggz

A strong 7
My tattoo is a nod to the days rowing on the crew team back in college. I'd like to get another one symbolic of my family (as if the the financial drain, hair loss and lack of riding time weren't enough). Probably their intials worked somehow worked into an ankle band.

Space Heater

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I have to admit it. Got a frat tat 10 years ago. I know, pretty lame tattoo. But I was drunk! I work with two guys with full sleeves and have always wanted flames on my left wrist and up my forearm but I guess I got married a little before my master plan. Oh well at least she let's me have bike!

NJ Jess

no

I enjoy looking at a tatt if the artist is really good. Some cyclist have some of the coolest creative designs. I myself do not want one. My twin sister wanted us to get one on our 30th birthday. I decided just to pay for hers. She has 3 now,...strange. I think it gets addicting. If I had to get one, it would be a big red dot on my arse,...with the words,."you are here" Smile

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
You and me both bro. OCD in some respects with everything I really get into.

yep, i'm either all in or all out.

for example, i LOVE fly fishing. i have no less than six different weight set ups (b/c who can fish for trout w/ a 5wt and then use if for bass? bah! i need a 6wt too! but wait, i know when i'm hiking though the woods to get to that spot my rod will get caught up on everything. better get a travel 5wt too. bonefish in the keys? got it covered with the 8wt. sure i could use that for salmon, but i'd have to travel with the big damn rod. ah! a travel 9wt, perfect. oh crap...reels...) but, i know damn well that the first time i wet a line it's over. i will spend every waking moment up to my waist in freezing spring water seeking out little fished spots that hold that mythical hold-over eight pound brownie. nothing else will matter to me and it will consume my life. i'll find myself thinking that getting up at 3:30 am to get to roscoe by day break to fish for a 1/2 hour is a reasonable idea.

so, i don't touch my stuff. i know better.

this is the main reason why i WILL NOT play golf (i will admit, however, that i own every piece of equipment necessary to look like a real golfer...yes, i had that addiction at one point too).

the same will hold true with my next tat. ya hear that buzzzzzzzzzz and it's over. i'll need even more ink.

huh. i guess i have an addictive personality. :D

walter

Fourth Party
Hey Jake, are you dedicated to one shop, or do you have different work from different artists?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll find myself thinking that getting up at 3:30 am to get to roscoe by day break to fish for a 1/2 hour is a reasonable idea.

It IS a reasonable idea. What is life without stuff like that? I say boring.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Jake, are you dedicated to one shop, or do you have different work from different artists?

three of them were done at shotsie's in wayne. there is a guy in denville now (at permanent buzz) that worked at shotsie's for six years. i looked at the site and he looks good for what i want done. i just need to go to the shop and talk to him...check it out. the other two were "random"; one done in boonton (shop testing) the other is was done by a feller named "the butcher" in columbia, PA. the obligatory "frat tat".

It IS a reasonable idea. What is life without stuff like that? I say boring.

you're right, it is reasonable and life blows w/o doing things like that. it is not, however, reasonable if i still want to race a mt bike this year. there in lies the rub.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
you're right, it is reasonable and life blows w/o doing things like that. it is not, however, reasonable if i still want to race a mt bike this year. there in lies the rub.

You got lights? We can make the 3:30 AND bike riding thing happen in the same outing. I tried to get someone to do this with me last fall: ride Allamuchy for an hour before the sun came up. No dice. Personally I love doing stuff like that.

Top Bottom