Kvsp?

Shaggz

A strong 7
This sounds like an mtbr thread, but any thoughts on what conditions might be this weekend?

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
This sounds like an mtbr thread, but any thoughts on what conditions might be this weekend?

On Monday, KVSP was a little spongey with some patches of mud in places where water doesn't drain well (lower lying areas). However, by the weekend, the trails should be fine.

ArmyOfNone

can someone tell me what this place is like i have heard much about it...never ridden NOR anyone ever mentions to visit this place

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it's a lot of fun to ride. three or four different areas to ride depending on how you count 'em: needle & lower needle, switch, lake and the pines.

-needle and switch feature some solid climbing & twisty single track
-lake has some VERY tight, VERY twisty single track.
-pines is rocky, rooty and lots of fun. some cool, flowy sections and a couple real technical trails that i just recently found.

how's that?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool little park. From where I am it's hard to call it a destination ride though. And you're a little further. Good to go check out once but not somewhere you go back every month (for us).

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i should mention that it's just about 25 minutes for me to get there...about the same distance as LM which is why i ride it so much. TONS of fun there.

ArmyOfNone

i should mention that it's just about 25 minutes for me to get there...about the same distance as LM which is why i ride it so much. TONS of fun there.

im not sure how far i am from the frayed ends of sanity. So i dont know how far i am from you.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
im not sure how far i am from the frayed ends of sanity. So i dont know how far i am from you.

well, that depends on how close you are to marriage and children. :D but...i'm in succasunna about 10 minutes from rte 80.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Cool little park. From where I am it's hard to call it a destination ride though. And you're a little further. Good to go check out once but not somewhere you go back every month (for us).

Well, what is nice about Kittatinny is that it is a great place to bring beginners or advanced riders. There is something for everyone there.

As a bonus there is a lake to kayak in after your ride. Nothing like that after a ride in the summer.

Mayb not as close as you. But very close...very.

Fred - may I call you Fred? You are closer to KVSP than you think. From North Brunswick, jump onto Easton Ave. and then onto 287. Get on 206 N toward Pluckemin/Bedminster and keep following 206 North. You will head into the town of Andover, if that helps to give you a sense of nav.

From 206 North take right hand turn onto Limecrest Road and follow to parking lot on right hand side. I drove there in about 40 minutes on a lazy and non-drive-the-speed-limit-saturday, from North Brunswick (used to live there).

The first time I rode this park was a great experience; I also had a very knowledgeable guide so that made things much better. If you are ever up for a ride on a weekend, let me know. Ron and I are always up to ride; he was my guide for that first ride and he would be happy to show any new people the trails at KVSP.

Take care,

JGR

ArmyOfNone

I have been called many things... Fred is one those things i do not mind being called. Thanks for the directions and the review. Ill take ya up on your offer sometime. 40 min is not a bad ride.

also shout when youll be around 6 mile :D
fred

Fred - may I call you Fred? You are closer to KVSP than you think. From North Brunswick, jump onto Easton Ave. and then onto 287. Get on 206 N toward Pluckemin/Bedminster and keep following 206 North. You will head into the town of Andover, if that helps to give you a sense of nav.

From 206 North take right hand turn onto Limecrest Road and follow to parking lot on right hand side. I drove there in about 40 minutes on a lazy and non-drive-the-speed-limit-saturday, from North Brunswick (used to live there).

The first time I rode this park was a great experience; I also had a very knowledgeable guide so that made things much better. If you are ever up for a ride on a weekend, let me know. Ron and I are always up to ride; he was my guide for that first ride and he would be happy to show any new people the trails at KVSP.

Take care,

JGR

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
There is no way on God's Green Earth that you can get there in 40 minutes. You're 15 minutes from 287, then you have to drive up 287 to 206 (another 10 at least) then navigate the awful road that is 206. EVen at best of time it's going to take you 25 minutes to get to 80 from there. Then you're another 10 from KVSP. It takes me almost 50 minutes to get there from Basking Ridge, and I certainly don't drive the speed limit (don't shoot!). Not sayinh don't check it out and not saying it will take forever. Just adding my 2 cents at this early hour.

DD-

KVSP Parking

JGR,

Great directions to KVSP - I enjoy riding there also. You may be better off parking at the Goodale Road lot this year - they closed the road that goes across the runway down. You can still go around the backside of the airport - heading down toward 206 and around by the new fire station. Goodale Road is just easier now for immediate trail access.

Goodale Road is the next right hand turn from Limecrest - and there is a sign for the Wooden Duck B&B and KVSP right before the turn.

DD

Shaggz

A strong 7
the parking area off limecrest is on the left, the parking area that DD- mentioned is on the right. there is a parking area on the left, but that is for the (twin?) pond boat launch.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
to make it quicker, one could just park in the lot for the sissex branch trail. pass limecrest on 206, pass the firehouse, then you'll notice a large dirt lot on your right. i think there is a big wooden sign too. the singletrack starts about 20 yrds up the rail trail on the right. or, ride up the rail trail to the other end to warm up before dipping into the singletrack.

Top Bottom