LM Tues 3/27 5:30pm

J-Dro

I know that MTB's are so last year, but if there is anyone out there still riding one, feel free to join me on the SS tuesday after work. I stopped by LM on the way home tonight and walked the trails for a while. They have dried up nicely and tomorrows 70 deg temps should firm things up even more. If I come across any really soggy parts, I'll just walk it.

I know that MTB's are so last year, but if there is anyone out there still riding one, feel free to join me on the SS tuesday after work. I stopped by LM on the way home tonight and walked the trails for a while. They have dried up nicely and tomorrows 70 deg temps should firm things up even more. If I come across any really soggy parts, I'll just walk it.

I am tempted to join you, but I am thinking 6MR since it is close to home and I have a job interview at 3:30 in Bridgewater tomorrow. Howver, a 3:30 appointment in Bridgewater means I can be at LM by 5:30...

If you had to pick between the two parks and two riding scenarios, which would you choose? I am tempted to say LM because I love to ride there, but I am loathe to ride with others most times, due to being slow, female, and possessed of some winter weight to shed. If you can handle that tagging along on your ride, I am in.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
could you please post the conditions post ride? i know a lot of us are interested in how LM is. if for some reason i happen to get there tomorrow myself i'll do the same.

Liberace

Trail conditions at LM are not ideal.

I was there on Sunday checking them out and was pretty unhappy to see people riding. I'd ask that you give it at least another week before riding there. A couple sections look okay, but the further you get into the park the worse it gets.

We definitely don't want to see any trail closures this year, so I'd stick with the road for now.

Sean Conroy
LM Trail Watch Coordinator
Morris Trails Partnership

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was there on Sunday checking them out and was pretty unhappy to see people riding. I'd ask that you give it at least another week before riding there. A couple sections look okay, but the further you get into the park the worse it gets.

We definitely don't want to see any trail closures this year, so I'd stick with the road for now.

Sean Conroy
LM Trail Watch Coordinator
Morris Trails Partnership

thanks for the update sean.

J-Dro

did anyone ride LM today? what's the skinny?

Yes I stopped at LM on the way home from work today. When we pulled into the parking lot, the first thing we saw was a guy putting his bike back on his rack. Not a drop of mud on him or his bike. He said he pretty much rode the whole park and conditions were mostly firm and dry. I was prepared to just leave if it was still soggy, but things looked promising.

So we headed out. With all due respect to Mr. Liberace, the trails are definitely ride-able now. Alot has changed since Sunday when you were there. I spent this past Sunday doing TM, so I'm sensative to not causing unnecessary work for the TM crew. We purposely avoided the spots that always dry out slowly (like by the shipwreck), but the place is 95% dry right now.:D

Tommyklein

ridable but soft

Was there today also. Trails were definitely ridable, but soft in spots. It was very rutted up in places, but that damage appeared to be older and from before the last snowfall. The really bad trail damage that annoys me was caused by horses. I'm all for multi use trails, but use some common sense people before venturing out on soft trails with a horse. There's now holes the size of bowling balls on the trails.

ArmyOfNone

Was there today also. Trails were definitely ridable, but soft in spots. It was very rutted up in places, but that damage appeared to be older and from before the last snowfall. The really bad trail damage that annoys me was caused by horses. I'm all for multi use trails, but use some common sense people before venturing out on soft trails with a horse. There's now holes the size of bowling balls on the trails.

Yess! The horses have put some serious holes in the trails. That was most annoying!

J-Dro

The really bad trail damage that annoys me was caused by horses. I'm all for multi use trails, but use some common sense people before venturing out on soft trails with a horse. There's now holes the size of bowling balls on the trails.

Yeah some of those horseshoe holes are pretty deep too. Its gonna take some work to repair. On a positive note, at least there were no big piles of horse crap in the middle of the trails.

Top Bottom