Garmin Edge205 GPS $56 @ Target

J-Dro

I read about this deal online but didn't believe it til I saw it. Target is selling the Garmin Edge 205 Cycling GPS for $56.24

I had to call 3 different Target's until I found one in stock. It's on clearance, so get em while you can. Also, you can't get this deal on Target.com ... they cost $180 there.

This has the same SiRF chip that comes in the Edge 305. In fact, it's the same unit as the Edge 305 except... What you don't get is the barometric altimeter (so your altitude data will be somewhat less accurate), no HR monitor, and no speed/cadence sensor (so your speed will be somewhat less accurate). But the 305 sells for around $275+, so this was a no-brainer for me.

I mainly plan to use this to download trail loops that others have stored on motionbased.com and explore some parks that I'm not too familiar with yet. Maybe I'll even virtually race against Sean when I feel like humiliating myself.:)

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Excellent deal

That's an unbelievable price. Which target did u find it at? & which one's didn't have any? (That will save me some time tomorrow).

Thanks, Kirt

J-Dro

I found it at the Target in Clifton... and bought the last two.

I first called the stores in Princeton, Bridgewater and Fairfield. Out of stock.

Last edited:

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
No dice in Brick or Toms River, sick deal though. If anyone finds an extra post up I will take it for sure =)

ArmyOfNone

OOOOO!!!! i want one too! But sure they will be a tough find. :(

How did you find this out? Lucky bastard

Last edited:

Wobbegong

I pass a few Targets along my morning commute home. I'll take a look and see what I can find, if anything.

J-Dro

OOOOO!!!! i want one too! But sure they will be a tough find. :(

How did you find this out? Lucky bastard

I've been looking at GPS's for a while now, and I was perusing the Garmin web site when I found this posted in the forums there.

Rather then stop at a bunch of Targets, just call them, ask for the electronics department (even though they are physically stocked in sporting goods) and ask if they have any in stock.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I called a bunch last night with no luck.

trener1

FYI there is a $50 rebate on these from Garmin so your net cost will be $6.....
Man I'd like to get one as well.
If anyone sees any at a Target I'll take one as well.

I even called a Target in Baltimore (near my mom's house) and they don't have it.

J-Dro

FYI there is a $50 rebate on these from Garmin so your net cost will be $6.....
Man I'd like to get one as well.
If anyone sees any at a Target I'll take one as well.

I even called a Target in Baltimore (near my mom's house) and they don't have it.

Unless I missed something, I don't think the Edge 205 has any rebates. The Forerunner 205 (the runner's version) has a $50 rebate right now.

It's hard to believe that I stumbled on the last one in NJ. There must be a few more out there somewhere.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
According to the corporate office there are none within a 100 mile radius of Point Pleasant. I called before I checked my two local stores but went last night since I dont trust the customer service people there at all. When you call the store direct its worse.

They did say its discontinued and wont be coming back to target though, maybe the web price will follow suit soon.

Wobbegong

I checked the Linden, Menlo Park and W. Windsor stores on my way home yesterday morning. Nothing.

Top Bottom