Trail conditions?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It was a beautiful day up there. I had a chance to cross a few frozen over swamps past a beaver developement.

..There are many fans of Beaver Development on this forum.

(sorry.. you left that one open.)

j

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Mahlon conditions

Rode it this am and it was totally tracked up.If you tried to get in the fresh you just fell thru and stopped.I had some great and not so great moments but overrall it was worth it to me.MD won't be remotely fun for most until at least next wknd so don't waste your vacation day going tommorrow.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Oh my, this sounds like heaven.:)

I was one of those who bailed on the Allaire ride this morning and had to make do with 2 hours of fixed gear roller riding. Phooey.

Well, you got your ice fix out of your system a few weeks ago at Hartshorne, right? ;) Sometimes you have to just stay indoors and get the job done. Spring is not that far away, and you have to admit that this winter has not been that bad, so far.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just back from C-rock WHAT A HOOT trails were smooth as frosting & fast except the trails across newmans was heavily rutted by some clown(s) riding zig-zag the whole loop, so avoid that area. Have fun.
-Ride

Agree about CR. But I think the ruts in the blue loops were from someone who rode when it was fresh snow. No way you could make those tracks now. While it was annoying, I commend them for going out in less than ideal conditions. We're all just trying to get our ride on.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
What? What'd I say?

Anyway, check out the weather for the next 10 days. Winter is dead, I say! Trails should be as wet as a basement after a water heater failure next weekend.

walter

Fourth Party
What? What'd I say?

Anyway, check out the weather for the next 10 days. Winter is dead, I say! Trails should be as wet as a basement after a water heater failure next weekend.

Wow, that can be pretty messy, so I hear. Ever get that pm?

V

vtalum2001

Is this coming weekend rideable? It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow night but then it's going to be windy and NO RAIN Friday so will that help in the drying process? Is anywhere going to be ridable this saturday at all? The weather is supposed to be in the 40s!!!!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Is this coming weekend rideable? It's supposed to be rainy tomorrow night but then it's going to be windy and NO RAIN Friday so will that help in the drying process? Is anywhere going to be ridable this saturday at all? The weather is supposed to be in the 40s!!!!
My guess is that the sandy Monmouth County parks have the best chance of being ridable if we get enough of a melt. A big issue is that the snow & ice on the trails is really packed and will take longer to go away.

If I had to bet on one place with the best chance of being ridable this weekend, it would be Allaire. In fact, that's what I'm hoping for on Sunday.

If the woods are still a mess, it'll at least be warm enough to ride the road.

V

vtalum2001

Saturday weather is supposed to be real nice and i was hoping the rest of the week to stay dry and that the ice/snow combo will melt on the trails. Has anyone been to Mahlon Dickerson recently? Sunday is supposed to rain..... :( but then again, this all depends on the weather forecast....... Wouldn't allaire be a complete mess being that there's sand, ice/snow combo or will it be the complete opposite? By saturday, i think all the hard surface stuff like ice/snow stuff will be soft so wouldn't it be like a mud fest of some sort?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My guess is Round Valley will be the best place to ride this weekend.

Maurice, any comment?

ChrisG

Wouldn't allaire be a complete mess being that there's sand, ice/snow combo or will it be the complete opposite? By saturday, i think all the hard surface stuff like ice/snow stuff will be soft so wouldn't it be like a mud fest of some sort?
The sandy areas of Allaire drain really well. It will be muddy along the river and on Tiger Woods, for sure, but the west/northwest sections have a chance of being OK, I'd think.

I'm hoping we can get a ride report Friday or Saturday, if some courageous soul ventures out there.

ArmyOfNone

The sandy areas of Allaire drain really well. It will be muddy along the river and on Tiger Woods, for sure, but the west/northwest sections have a chance of being OK, I'd think.

I'm hoping we can get a ride report Friday or Saturday, if some courageous soul ventures out there.

yes and bless them for doing so. there is sure a lot of ice out there to be melted.

walter

Fourth Party

My shop steward just called, no work for tomorrow, so as soon as I drop the little one off at school, I'm heading to Allaire. I'm sure it will be a disaster, but I'll post up afterwards.

Maurice

My guess is Round Valley will be the best place to ride this weekend.

Maurice, any comment?

This past week-end was the best time to ride Round Valley. I don't know about the coming week-end, it depends on the amount or rain we get. It's pretty sloppy right now at the bottom. I'll try and post up.

Maurice

ChrisG

My shop steward just called, no work for tomorrow, so as soon as I drop the little one off at school, I'm heading to Allaire. I'm sure it will be a disaster, but I'll post up afterwards.
Way to take one for the team, Walter.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
yeah, except we may get two more inches of snow today. so much for weatherman norm's forecast.

Top Bottom