ADD versus Threadjacking

OK. Witness the "Love Triangle Part II" thread in this forum, and you know about what I speak.

I do not think that threadjacking is done on purpose so much as it is general ADD that causes a perfectly innocent post to be suddenly derailed by talk of things unrelated to the original topic.

So, now you have a perfectly innocent topic. Please, post your unrelated, ADD-driven, threadjacking, topic-derailing comments. Let's see where it goes.

SpartaBard

OK. Witness the "Love Triangle Part II" thread in this forum, and you know about what I speak.

I do not think that threadjacking is done on purpose so much as it is general ADD that causes a perfectly innocent post to be suddenly derailed by talk of things unrelated to the original topic.

So, now you have a perfectly innocent topic. Please, post your unrelated, ADD-driven, threadjacking, topic-derailing comments. Let's see where it goes.

What kind of beer do you guys like?

The Garden of Love
by William Blake

I went to the Garden of Love.
And saw what I never had seen:
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
And "Thou Shalt Not", writ over the door;
So I turn'd to the Garden of Love,
That so many sweet flowers bore,

And I saw it filled with graves,
And tomb-stones where flowers should be:
And Priests in black gowns, were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars, my joys & desires.

Nothing like Blake and the contemporary values against which he railed to put a clamp on the joys of sexual love.

Romantic poetry turned me away from Catholicism. Thank God! (oooohhh! I may have found a new sig line!)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think it's because...

A. People want to reply.
B. They just want to talk about themselves.

Personally I think it has to do with my shoes. Gotta be the shoes money.

No but you're right. We have major attention problems.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
The Garden of Love
by William Blake

I went to the Garden of Love.
And saw what I never had seen:
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
And "Thou Shalt Not", writ over the door;
So I turn'd to the Garden of Love,
That so many sweet flowers bore,

And I saw it filled with graves,
And tomb-stones where flowers should be:
And Priests in black gowns, were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars, my joys & desires.
Superb choice.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok, i know this is about me. i'm sorry. it was about jeeps, it wasn't my fault. i'm helpless against their power.. :(

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not to not bust on Jake, but he's hardly the only one at fault for this phenomenon.

SpartaBard

To quote my 8th grade Art Teacher, "Let's not toot our own horn, ~A~" but I am not sure if I have officially joined the TJ cadre...

Funny we were just talking about the cavalleros and I think we added a sixth from our original five...I am not sure who the sixth is though... see this post.
->Here!

Shaggz

A strong 7
MTBNJ ADD symptoms are brought on by cabin fever. me thinks that Spring will be the ritalin-equivalent for the ADD tendencies on this board.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i agree that most 'threadjacking' is simply the result of a shortened attention span. it's certainly the case with me on the internet. i just can't take anything that happens on something that doesn't actually exist in the physical realm too seriously.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've just been putting off an hour of fixed gear on the rollers, in honor of the delightful weather today at the beautiful Jersey Shore.

As a matter of fact, I really do have to start that now. See you guys later...

Top Bottom