Not a good start to the weekend

walter

Fourth Party
So the alarm goes off at 4 am like it normally does, but today was a little harder to get up than usual, maybe because I was expecting the bad weather we were supposed to get, maybe because my daughter has been sick all week and I think she finally was able to pass it on to me, whatever, its Friday, one more day of work.

Downstairs I go into the bathroom for the normal routine, shower on, brush teeth at sink, get into shower. Hmmm, odd, the water isnt hot yet. So in my 4 am fog, I think turning the water on and off is somehow going to make the water get hot, not the case. Oh well, I showered after work yesterday, no big deal. Walk past the laundry room to an unfamiliar hissing sound, again, odd, that doesnt sound like the furnace kicking on. So to my suprise and joy, I was blessed on this Friday with over an inch of water in my laundry room and a busted hot water heater. Wonderful.

I'll spare you all the joys of hearing me curse and piss and moan at such an early time of day, using a push broom to filter the water out my back door, watching my wife run around in a panic looking for the water shut off, waking up her dad to come over to help, while my dog and daughter slept through it all.

Anyway, I know he will never read this, but thanks to Irving at Pse and G for coming out in a timely manner, and getting things back in working order.

Ok, I'm done, at least I can look forward to tomorrow, the wife and her friends are taking all the kids to see Disney on Ice, so I get a whole day of guilt free riding.

Shaggz

A strong 7
that blows, water leaks just suck. not trivializing your situation, but, it seems like you were "fortunate" in timing. The damge could have been devastating if you were away for the weekend.

ArmyOfNone

couple that with the fact that it is raining makes things NOT SO NICE! good that things worked out and it wasnt to big of a mess.

Who is riding this weekend?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Walter - sorry to hear that man. Hope it's all good.

I'll be riding both days.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
LM and CR. Tomorrow's ride is not my call. Sunday is a moving target because I have to support work until ???? Neither are a very good fit for the group ride thing. I think next week will be better for that. It's possible I won't even make it out Sunday if work eats me.

ArmyOfNone

LM and CR. Tomorrow's ride is not my call. Sunday is a moving target because I have to support work until ???? Neither are a very good fit for the group ride thing. I think next week will be better for that. It's possible I won't even make it out Sunday if work eats me.

If you decide to hit CR let me know. I know that you like to ride early, that works for me.

ArmyOfNone

well i have a geared hardtail and a SS. I have ridden solo at CR with my SS. But thats because i can walk the climbs i cant clean. If i were to go out w/ you id prolly bring my geared bike

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually I'm doing SS both days. I was wondering what specific SS you ride. And what kind of pedals do you run?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well if thats the case...im runnin a 32x17 built up on a cannondale cad3 frame. Shimano 525s

32x17?! No wonder you walk the hills at CR!

I'll let you know about Sunday but I'll warn you now you might be bored by the ride a little.

ArmyOfNone

32x17?! No wonder you walk the hills at CR!

I'll let you know about Sunday but I'll warn you now you might be bored by the ride a little.

i am about getting out and riding. Im a dumbass and thats what the guys at the shop gave me. so thats what i ride. Plus id love to get out and meet/ ride w/ ya. I want to learn the trails at CR so any chance to get out and ride there is a super bonus!

sunday sounds better considering im gettin drunk w/ my gf and her sister

Top Bottom