While we’re reintroducing…. :wink:

clutch

To avoid confusion between myself and K-lutch, I figured I’d type up a proper introduction for myself. I signed up for the board during the great phat MTBR-exodus of 06 and originally posted in his introduction thread.

My handle is Clutch and I live in Morristown. I've been riding for about 5 years. My favorite trails are technical ones like the yellow at Skyline and Lynn Woods up in MA. Up until last summer I rode everything I could find with a 70mm travel hardtail. I picked up a Cdale Prophet with balanced 140mm travel around Independence Day and have been very happy with it. During the winter I’m more focused on Snowboarding, but when things keep me in Jersey I like going for a ride in the cold. Summer through fall my goal is to ride once per weekend and twice after work. Unfortunately, I fell well short of that goal last year and am a bit out of shape.

Triameleon,

Though I do like the band clutch, but that wasn’t the reason I picked clutch as a handle. I liked the multiple meanings of the word (the band, the grip, power transfer mechanism, big Papi, etc.) . I also liked that I was able to register it at a few different forums. The original idea for using it though, was because I ride a Palmer Clutch snowboard.

I guess I’ll leave end this with a bit of stoke.

Paul_Drop3.jpg

Paul_Drop1.jpg

090105_Paul_LogRide.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I remember those pics from MTBR.

I have ridden Lynn Woods before. I spilled it pretty hard there, on that one rock. You know that one big rock, near the 45,386 other big rocks. Great place to ride. Really wish we had something like that in NJ.

clutch

I remember those pics from MTBR.

I have ridden Lynn Woods before. I spilled it pretty hard there, on that one rock. You know that one big rock, near the 45,386 other big rocks. Great place to ride. Really wish we had something like that in NJ.

Lynn is a lot of fun. My first 3 years of my riding was spent up in MA. I'm gonna try to make it up to Lynn at least once this summer. The first time I rode there I made the mistake of having it also be my first time on clipless pedals. I somehow managed to only pick up and throw my bike across the trail once.

hmm....something I haven't already posted on MTBR... How about this?

DSCF0051.jpg

It's a bit off topic though.

walter

Fourth Party
I think I saw you at Hartshorne over the summer, do you ride with your wife and child in a trailer?

NJ Jess

Hi there

Nice to hear from you again,Clutch. I believe we rode together at Hartshorne? NJ Jess here. You got great skills if I do recall! Oh, and a nice bike brush. .....still have to order one of those things.....

clutch

I think I saw you at Hartshorne over the summer, do you ride with your wife and child in a trailer?

Couldn’t have been me. I gots no wife, no kid and no trailer.

Nice to hear from you again,Clutch. I believe we rode together at Hartshorne? NJ Jess here. You got great skills if I do recall! Oh, and a nice bike brush. .....still have to order one of those things.....

Yup, Jess I showed up for your birthday ride and had a great time. Unfortunately, I’ve only been on my bike 4 or 5 times since then, so I’m even more out of shape. Thanks for the compliment, the great thing about skills is that you don't lose them when you sit on your butt all winter.

As for the brush, it doesn’t seem to be on sale anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom