DURBAN AVE school

anrothar

entirely thrilled
hey, was out riding today, happened past durban ave school and noticed a bunch of north shore stuff in someones backyard. i remember seeing a pic of this stuff on here, but can't find who it is.... you there?

Spylab

Myself, Bryan (fastbandit), and Ryan (timekiller). It's Bryan's house.

There are some fun goodies back there for such a small space. The snow came before we could try out the 6' drop.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
nice. once i get my playbike up and running, we'll have to get together and see if can't hurt myself over there. might want to think about putting a fence up though, being right next to a school and all. i work with playgrounds/ballfields all day, and from what i've learned in classes, you guys have a big potential liability problem on your hands... first thing that went through my mind when i saw it.

Spylab

Problem with a fence being that most obstacles enter or exit to the sidewalk. I understand where you're coming from, but technically it would be considered trespassing if some kid tries messing around on that stuff since it is all on private property.

All willing parties are welcomed to come over and play around at out little mini-Diablo. Log ride, teeter, ladder bridges, drops, kickers, doubles, skinnies and all the other goodies you can put together on flat ground...

ArmyOfNone

not to be a party pooper, i hope i dont come off wrong.

But if some punk kid were to end up hurtin themself at your place, even tho it is private property, you can still be held responsible. Just wanted to make you aware so you dont get caught up in some stuff.

kinda like w/ pools you gotta have a fence or sumtin to keep ppl from gettin in.

its a bummer that you would even have to be responsible for some1 elses stupidity.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Problem with a fence being that most obstacles enter or exit to the sidewalk. I understand where you're coming from, but technically it would be considered trespassing if some kid tries messing around on that stuff since it is all on private property.

All willing parties are welcomed to come over and play around at out little mini-Diablo. Log ride, teeter, ladder bridges, drops, kickers, doubles, skinnies and all the other goodies you can put together on flat ground...

when my bike is done or the new one is bought, i'm gonna take you up on that!

Spylab

I will take some pictures so you can all see what we put together. A video is in the works, we just need some last bits of footage. It's a small backyard and the stuff isn't huge, but it keeps us entertained...

anrothar

entirely thrilled

But if some punk kid were to end up hurtin themself at your place, even tho it is private property, you can still be held responsible. Just wanted to make you aware so you dont get caught up in some stuff.

kinda like w/ pools you gotta have a fence or sumtin to keep ppl from gettin in.

its a bummer that you would even have to be responsible for some1 elses stupidity.

agree on this. i've been schooled in liability specifically with this kind of stuff by lawyers who specialize in it. it's an "attractive nuisance". if it came down to it, you could put up a fence with strategically placed gates that could be opened when you want to ride.... but anyway, i'm not here to harp. the stuff definitely looks cool, and i would definitely be up for coming over to play.

Spylab

really fun trails right across a parking lot from the house too.

Agreed! I live all the way across Hopatcong from Bry, and can get all the way there without touching the road. Lots of rocky trails and some nasty puddles, but it's a great network of trails to get the blood flowing!

NJ Jess

Roll out,....

I have to agree with ArmyofNone. The town has just sited me for my huge dirt pile in my backyard (which on the side of the road,since I'm on a corner lot.) It seems A Lot of kids play on it and I even found a "stole" bike left behind the pile. My neighbor tells me a kid biked off the top of it and fell onto the road. No big deal except that the kid then almost got hit by a car.

Currently I have that roll out orange fencing around it to deter the kids from killing themselves, and til I can remove the pile. There is Green roll out fencing you might want to consider.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I too have skinnys and dirt jumps in the backyard and theres only a problem if they find the body. Dead men tell no tales.................

T

Timekiller

Yup, the judicial system sucks, on top of living in Hopatcong (they would be all over a lawsuit around here) I was going to make up a no tresspassing/riding sign, but like you said it wouldn't even matter. :mad2:

So far I don't belive we have had any idiotic children playing on the bridges, I'm sure the teachers hate us, and tell the kids to stay away. A temp. fence would probably be the best thing.

Ill dig up some pics...

T

Timekiller

Pictures

367495641_2bfec7c4f7.jpg

367495764_43a8bbc185.jpg

367495927_3479e6d3d8.jpg

Me
367496102_a292ba9569.jpg

Mike (spylab)
367496375_5d0fadc3fb.jpg

T

Timekiller

Also, here is the firs video that Bry made, with a friend of ours, Adam.. Keep in mind he has almost zero trail time, has never done drops/jumps/bridges and his mountain bike that he personally owns is a mid-90's pacifica.

Backyard MTB

Top Bottom