Allaire Saturday 1/20 9AM

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Let's do it again: Meet at Hospital Road lot for 9AM roll out. Pace will be steady and brisk, intermediate +. We will regroup at trailheads and as needed. I'm planning on 2 hours of saddle time, but it's easy to do more/less as schedule and desire dictate. Trails should be nicely frozen and fast.

See you there!:D

PedalPaddles

I'm looking forward to riding with the boys from up North again. Maybe we can find a local diner for post ride chow. Although, Einstein Bagels was pretty good last time.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm in. see you guys there. been two weeks off the bike though, so i'm sure i'll be hanging back a bit.

*EDIT: can't make this ride now.

Last edited:

PatrickBrown

Let's do it again: Meet at Hospital Road lot for 9AM roll out. Pace will be steady and brisk, intermediate +. We will regroup at trailheads and as needed. I'm planning on 2 hours of saddle time, but it's easy to do more/less as schedule and desire dictate. Trails should be nicely frozen and fast.

See you there!:D

ahh the good old 2 hour rides in the woods, can go either way for training, can be an awesome spinning recovery ride, or a full speed ahead workout of 4 or 5 laps of the regular race courses... ah the good old days, which are still the present for you guys, I am envious,

Chris, check your PMs

ArmyOfNone

woohooo! i was waiting for someone to post a ride! Im in!

Youll prolly find me napping in my car. Ill prolly shoot down rite from work.

walter

Fourth Party
anchors away

I'm in as well, providing nothing comes up. We shall see if my trainer is paying off. If not, at least I know my way out.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the parking lot.
walter

D

DANSPANK

Buggery-bollocks, I won't be here this weekend. I'll be in Atlanta cleaning out my house down there after the previous tenants scarpered and literally left a nice little turd on the bedroom floor - I think its a cat turd - cheeky buggers. SO it's off too the collection agency with their account!

I'll join the next Allaire ride though...

ArmyOfNone

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

for me its more like

z...z....................................................................................z

working midnights = not so much sleep. To many better things to do during the day.

PatrickBrown

for me its more like

z...z....................................................................................z

working midnights = not so much sleep. To many better things to do during the day.

I used to work midnights, and stupid me worked saturday night into sunday one weekend and tried to race that sunday morning........ needless to say I didnt do well........

ArmyOfNone

working midnights is like a science. I have done well so far. Mayb bc im young and stupid. Prolly more that than anything. I always kinda plan my sleep around what i have to do the next day. seems to work for me. But there are days when you just feel useless.

speaking of work...i gtg ill b back ina few

Frank

Sasquatch
Jan TM

Gonna be out there working on some of the mud holes,or Ice rinks by the time we get to them,on saturday. So be careful not to run us over:scared: as you cruise by. I gotta get in on one of these rides and see just how slow I am.:D Have fun guys..

Chris(NJ)

I do shift work also. 7p-7a and 7a-7p. We rotate every 3-4 months. Working nights SUCKS. Although nights does have the advantage of free time during the day and being quieter at night, I still much prefer days.

As for the ride, I wanna go, but I'm so damn out of shape right now, its aweful.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
not me

:( Winter is calling. I am headed to VT to see If I remember how to snowboard.

Have a blast. I am itchin to try the new 29er there.

j

ArmyOfNone

I do shift work also. 7p-7a and 7a-7p. We rotate every 3-4 months. Working nights SUCKS. Although nights does have the advantage of free time during the day and being quieter at night, I still much prefer days.

As for the ride, I wanna go, but I'm so damn out of shape right now, its aweful.

rotating shifts is tough. That has to beat up your body. at this point rite now i prefer working midnights bc of all the free time to do what id like. Plus thats when all the action happens :D

Wobbegong

I also work the night shift (11pm-7am). I love it in the summer. I usually sleep until 3pm, then I have the rest of the day to goof off until I have to head out for work at 10pm.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
gotta bail on this. my 'to-do' list keeps on building up for this weekend, so i can't make it. have fun!

Top Bottom