Bike Tune Up costs?

F

FrankSpin

I'm new to the board so I'm sorry for the generic rhetorical question.

I have a 98ish Cannondale F500 that I was riding quite often when I got it but stopped riding for a good 7-8 years. I'm looking to get back into riding and the bike could probably use a good look over. What would the average cost run me for one, provided no major issues?

Ian F

It will vary depending on your area and the shop you go to, but $50 is probably a good rough estimate. Any required parts would be extra. If the bike has been sitting unused for that long, it may need new cables.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
We've been running a winter special over here at High Gear for $50, it's normally $70. We also have some sweet deals on higher services as well:D

-Jim.

BMXxXJ

at my shop, we have a basic look over for 40 next step up includes a wheel true f + r for 70. above that there's a 120 dollar one that includes an extension drivtrain cleaning in out parts washer.

parts are obviously extra as well as the installation of those parts.

F

FrankSpin

Thanks guys. I was figuring at least $50 but more like $100, I just wanted to hear what people had to say. I wanna get back into riding and if a $100/$200 tune up can hold me over for a while I'd rather go that route than dropping money on a new bike.

bobkennelly

FREE, do it your self, ask questions, dont be afraid, you cant hurt the bike.
Go slow and aproach one item at a time, Then call Jdog or Jimmy for help...you can even call me..

Ian F

FREE, do it your self, ask questions, dont be afraid, you cant hurt the bike.
Go slow and aproach one item at a time, Then call Jdog or Jimmy for help...you can even call me..

Hmm... reminds me of shop hourly rates I saw posted in a garage:

Shop rate: $50/hr.
If you watch: $75/hr
If you 'effed with it first: $100/hr

:rolleyes:

bobkennelly

Hmm... reminds me of shop hourly rates I saw posted in a garage:

Shop rate: $50/hr.
If you watch: $75/hr
If you 'effed with it first: $100/hr

:rolleyes:

Ive charged people in in my area a few times for doing tune ups on there bikes. Usually no more than 5 or 10 bucks or so..

Top Bottom