new clay porter film

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
the sound levels of first always bothered me. the music was so much louder than the voices.

Is he STILL having that problem? I remember Synopsis had that problem (along with being kind of a crappy movie).

Why oh why can't Rankin still be making Earthed films?

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Rankin and the Dirt crew had their own over-hype/excessive techno issues. ;)

I'm holding out hope for the Tipping Point. Trying to set up a premiere now...

dhsean

I liked the Earthed style of chop it up and get it out on DVD before everybody is racing again the next year and doesn't need to watch a video. Porter takes way to long for his results. I'm a designer and it doesn't matter how great my work is if it doesn't make the deadline.

I just watched Between the Tape while I was on the trainer before. I'll get suckered into buying Tipping Point though since there is no Earthed this year.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Being able to watch it live on Freecaster is a game-changer now, though. I watched a couple of them on Freecaster, so now it's more like a historical re-tread to watch the races again in a long-form movie... not nearly as interesting as it was before we could see them live on the internet.

In defense of Porter, the storytelling is the only thing that sets it apart from Rob Warner's drunken commentary on Freecaster (which, to be fair, is pretty f-ing funny, although not nearly as dramatic).

the sound levels of first always bothered me. the music was so much louder than the voices.

I did not understand much in that movie. I was like how did this get thru a screening process? I basically watch the movie with the sound off cause it makes my head hurt trying to fill in so many words I didn't catch. Alex was the one that told me I should get that movie from your shop.

dhsean

In defense of Porter, the storytelling is the only thing that sets it apart from Rob Warner's drunken commentary on Freecaster (which, to be fair, is pretty f-ing funny, although not nearly as dramatic).

I love Gracia's commentary is awesome too. He know's like 2 American words "f**k" and "s**t" and depending on how loud he say's them can tell how fast the rider is going. He'll throw in a f'n fast every now and then too.

sixseven

Just watched F1RST. Ended up just turning the sound off after 10 minutes.
Poor recording, dull narration, REALLY LOUD tunes....hit mute. It hurt my head.

Surprised no one threw a flag when they put this together. Looks like it might actually be interesting.

dhsean

I do this with just about every MTB video. Push the mute button and pop on a CD for the tunes. Either they just don't have the budget for the music or the dam west coasters music tastes suck.

Top Bottom