Allaire - Sun morning 3/8

R

rltrock

Looking to ride Sun morning down there if conditions permit. Company welcome -- low intermediate rider.

Any thoughts what the conditions may be down there on Sun given the warm weather we are expected to get? Total slop?

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Conditions were grossly overstated for last weekend so buyer beware. It is still to early for any accurate predictions.

Mare

It's going to be a slop-fest unless things change drastically and it all freezes. But temps are warming up, so I don't see things freezing.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
us-101_pac_hwy_do_not_enter.jpg

BiknBen

It was reported yesterday that Allaire has too much snow to ride through. The temp is not going to go below freezing between now and Sunday. Guess what that snow is going to do. It will do thaw slowly and the place will be slop for days.

Hop on the nearby rail trail instead. Ride to the beach and enjoy the views.

R

rltrock

Will keep monitoring

Fair enough - that's what I thought. Will look for an update on Sat. tx

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
Fair enough - that's what I thought. Will look for an update on Sat. tx

dude...did you see those puppies down in the allaire threads part? (this weekend 3-7) how could you man the dark brown one hasn't even had the chance to leave a steamer on the rug for someone to step on in the middle of the night...the poor poor puppies

MVMX

Conditions were grossly overstated for last weekend so buyer beware. It is still to early for any accurate predictions.

Don't give up yet, the ground was thawed and dry before the trail killer puppy smothering snow.

Best ever conditions last Saturday, even the puppies paws were shredded paper dry;)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Don't give up yet, the ground was thawed and dry before the trail killer puppy smothering snow.

Best ever conditions last Saturday, even the puppies paws were shredded paper dry;)

So true, BTW were you on a knock-off carbon? I will be there reguardless, even if I'm just looking to enforce some laws I came up with on my own.:wedgie:

MVMX

So true, BTW were you on a knock-off carbon? I will be there reguardless, even if I'm just looking to enforce some laws I came up with on my own.:wedgie:

Yea, knock off???
That puppy killer is just a 'Scott', hit with sticker off.....snaps chainrings not frames....
obama budget build direct from fleabay, umps ok.. jumps cost extra.

ha, common sense ;) would be nice, stay high and sandy, could be perfect Sunday afternoon

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
OK, Scott it is, I was on the white IH, we continued forward when your friends bailed. See ya next time.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I spun by there late this afternoon on the road bike, and took a look at a few of my "indicator" trails. The place will be a shitfest tomorrow. There was still snow in shaded areas (by late afternoon I mean nearly 6pm). The river trail has a ton of standing water. The fire road had running water on it. The orange over by the pit was a mess. The horse trails leading toward the powerlines were literally a stream of standing water.

Lots of people rode the park today. The trails that I saw took a huge beating, lots of ruts. I could only imagine what some of the loamier stuff looks like. I am not pointing fingers or into flaming people for riding their bikes, but I will be staying away until at least monday. I will ride back over and see what it looks like, and decide if I am going to ride there early this week.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I cruised down hospital road today on the "wannabe SS trek' there was at least 15 cars in the lot.
I got a great road ride in ended up smashing thru some snow banks on the way the looks you get are priceless.

Frank

Sasquatch
I took the dogs for a walk today and was, for the most part, pleased at the lack of damage. Don’t get me wrong there were plenty of tire ruts from the folks that just couldn’t stay away. I think that the majority of core riders stayed away and that really helped avoid major damage. The people at the park I saw (at about 1pm) were mostly weekend warrior types.
The Blind trail had standing water on it, I turned around at walked up the road. Sections of the Orange and Steelman were still pretty muddy, and it looked like Glass was somewhat wet from afar. The upper trails seemed like they were in good shape, but I was on foot and didn’t cover the entire park.

Top Bottom