rainy day viewing

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Loved it! A bunch of happy whack-o's.
The chewbaccabra monster bike was great. My first car was surreal and scary like that.
The carnival looks like fun!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Cool. Love the swing bike. 'Remember when you used to buy swing bikes back in the 70's? Or was that just a west coast thing?

BiknBen

rainy day viewing

J, the backwards bike is all you. "You have to be dyslexic, ambidextrous, and have Attention deficit disorder."

Cool. Love the swing bike. 'Remember when you used to buy swing bikes back in the 70's? Or was that just a west coast thing?

That definitely was not an East Coast thing. I remember seeing one for the first time about 10 years ago and saying, "WTF?!?"

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
That definitely was not an East Coast thing. I remember seeing one for the first time about 10 years ago and saying, "WTF?!?"

You're probably too young, Ben. These things were around in '77 or so...I was 12...you were probably in diapers or just a twinkle in your daddy's eye...

Maybe it was just an Oregon thing...it looks like the guy who invented the things was from Oregon (http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9338/swing.html).

Anyway, I had a couple of buddies that had them. They were certainly a trick to ride...especially being used to the mean a$$ machine I rode at the time: A silver Schwinn Varsity 10-speed:getsome:

The fun thing was watching my buddies when they tried jumping 'em of the ramps we built in the yard; always a lot of thuds :D

Top Bottom