Waywayanda

• Thread starter Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)
  • Start date
R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Hey now,
I'll be coming on down from sunny Syracuse NY for the Wayway race. I have ridden the trails there in the past (typically getting lost, ending up at some camp, riding out to the roads [this led to the discovery of some great road riding] and then finding my way back. I know I have missed big sections of the park and trails.

What is the course like, what can I expect other than lots of rocks? Climbing? I am really looking forward to this. We'll be in town visiting family so it works out perfecto.
Two weeks following we have the Highland Hex outside of Syracuse. It is a 6hr race.

Thank you for the info and looking forward to the race. I'll be in the syracuse bike/spokepost kit.

be well,
jason

xc62701

Hey now,
I'll be coming on down from sunny Syracuse NY for the Wayway race. I have ridden the trails there in the past (typically getting lost, ending up at some camp, riding out to the roads [this led to the discovery of some great road riding] and then finding my way back. I know I have missed big sections of the park and trails.

What is the course like, what can I expect other than lots of rocks? Climbing? I am really looking forward to this. We'll be in town visiting family so it works out perfecto.
Two weeks following we have the Highland Hex outside of Syracuse. It is a 6hr race.

Thank you for the info and looking forward to the race. I'll be in the syracuse bike/spokepost kit.

be well,
jason

Don't just expect rocks, expect big, medium and small rocks. With a few rooths thrown in for good measure. There aren't any big climbs to speak of(couple short steep burst climbs) but plenty of elevation change over the course to make it interesting. I'd say it's one of the more technical courses in the H2H series and since it's early in the season it makes it that much more interesting. It's worth the drive. :D

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
There's one longish climb towards the beginning that's tough but doable. The rocks makes it interesting. Great course that waway. A 29er or dualie is a big help.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I do not know the exact course, but rumor has it, that it may be completely different than previous years, a little longer and slightly faster.

bozizle

I agree this is one of the best places to ride IMO in NJ...a little bit of everything and all types of rock gardens depending on the trail. I hope they open up some of the back trails that have not been part of the race in the past that are not only fun but scenic.

R

Roger De Vlaeminck (RDV)

Wayway

Maybe they'll have more black bears on the course - the real ones ;)

There are a lot of bears down in your neck of the woods. There is a neighborhood bear by my in-laws who we see quite often. Seen many while hiking too. Not so many bear here in Sracuse, they are smarter than me and moved away from Lake Effect snow.

Thanks for the course info. I hope to ride it Friday before the race or Saturday morning.

Until then I'll be racing in WNY and Canada at Paris-Ancaster and the Ramble around Prattsberg.

See you all soon.

RNG1

If you are specifically coming down to preride you should contact someone one of the race coordinators as the race flyer insinuates that it will be pretty different. If you are just looking to ride there without getting lost that is a different story.

lou_b_83

No way! It is one big loop?? That makes me happy instead of doing 2-3 laps of something. Well, of course that's last years, but is it typical at Waywayanda to have only one big loop?

He did 3 laps. It was about 7 miles a lap.

RNG1

thump thump thump...is this thing on? The course is different this year!:cry:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
thump thump thump...is this thing on? The course is different this year!:cry:

according to black bears site:

Course: Expect a different course for 2009. The course will be a bit longer then the last couple of years. You can still expect some of the best technical singletrack the series has to offer but it will be mixed with fast fireroad and doubletrack. So even though the course will be longer expect it to be fast. The course will be marked for pre-riding on the Friday before the event.
Course may be altered due to weather. conditions.

jontotman

Anyone who knows the trails in Waway that are planning to ride there this Sunday (4/5) morning (8:30 AM) and don't mind to show us around. We are planning to join the upcoming Wawayanda Spring Cleaning race and we would like to try the trails that were included on previous race.

Top Bottom