Outpost

B

brockhampson

So i just realise i got a 90's GT Outpost.

The last time i rode it, the derailer got f'ed up and the wheel started wobbling. So I think Im gonn fix it up and ride it until a find a FS.

First thing i want to do it check to see if the frame is straight. I tried putting it next to a girls bike but it didnt do anything. LIkewise with a guys bike. I think it might be a eunic. Any ideas or online resources to check?

Also considering either making this an SS or swapping out the entire gearing, cassette, derailleur, and shifters. Any suggestions?

How bout bearings, anything to look for beyond the grime?

Want some shocks on this mofo, got any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Wow now there is a string of thoughts. :)
bring the bike to one of the shops in the area for a tuneup/advice on what to do with it.

rlb

On a more serious note, there is some good info on the mtbr SS forum regarding converting your old bike. If the frame is straight, you can get it done for fairly cheap...

B

brockhampson

It's hard to decide if this he's trolling or asking something :confused:

Trolls... yes, yes I am. You can tell by my post I live under a bridge and just look at posts all day. Scanning them all slowly with my eyes and never ever posting something new.:confused:

Seriously, I just didnt want to post 800000000000000 seperate times. Just figured i would get info and opinions.

As for the frame, without having to got to a shop yet, are their simple guides to follow? Currently thinking to just measure both side of the bike at different points with respect to the main vertical column that the crank mounts to.

Comments?

rlb

Trolls... yes, yes I am. You can tell by my post I live under a bridge and just look at posts all day. Scanning them all slowly with my eyes and never ever posting something new.:confused:

Seriously, I just didnt want to post 800000000000000 seperate times. Just figured i would get info and opinions.

As for the frame, without having to got to a shop yet, are their simple guides to follow? Currently thinking to just measure both side of the bike at different points with respect to the main vertical column that the crank mounts to.

Comments?

I'm not a frame expert...But what the hell did you do to it? If you're not riding it crazy hard it's probably ok...

Panhead

Comments?

Check the welds for cracks. If you F'ed your derail and then the wheel started wobbling you prolly twisted a few spokes. Check it out and post your needs, someone always has parts.

Jakman went back on his meds

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
First thing i want to do it check to see if the frame is straight. I tried putting it next to a girls bike but it didnt do anything. LIkewise with a guys bike. I think it might be a eunic. Any ideas or online resources to check?

If you don't notice anything by inspecting it, try riding it, if it rides ok, it's straight enough.

Top Bottom