Conditions at Hartshorne and Huber 2-15-09

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I did a quick tour of H&H today, and I cannot believe the amount of damage that has been done. Things are still muddy, but not to the point of being unrideable. It is supposed to get pretty cold tonight (low of 24* overnight, high of 39*) so it should be OK for tomorrow. Apparently a lot of people thought the trails were OK to ride on after the snow melted, but not good enough to actually stay on the trails. So now, a lot of sections are almost 6 feet wide. and pretty badly rutted.:mad: I spent 2 hours just trying to narrow down the first section of Rocky Point. I hope we get a large turnout at the trail maintenance sessions this year. The trails could really use some love.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Things are a bit drier and from what I have heard, very rideable. I had to work today, (me, Frank, and 16 other suckers).

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
where does someone sign up for the class they have to take before they can do maintenance there?

Under the banner "Over the Bars" in the Adcocacy and Access forum, See the sub-forum (JORBA.org Forum Feed) You will see the Monmouth Co 2009 Trail Maintenance Schedule. There is problem with how the MTBNJ board translates the feed (that is being worked on I am told, and believe). Check out the full TM schedule on JORBA.org. (just click on the link):D

Top Bottom