clifton to allamuchy.

liong71er

hi,all!

my trip begining with a tragic that happen to my neighbor,their apt was burn to ground just when i'm heading out passing their apt,but they'll be fine,..

so,..i keep going doing my things,a century rides wich i'm planed to do.
after yesterday riding in CR my butt still need a little bit adjusment due to sore butt fr riding long distance.i'm gonna needs lots of cushion.
the weather was so nice today started riding with temps 27ish and gradually climbing to 37ish stay like that till i get home.

from clifton i'm taking hamburgh tpk towards pomton lakes then continue on route 23,riding on route 23 always make me feel nervous and uncomfortable but alas i got to do it it's the only way to get to mahlon dickerson.http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8851
after 5 mile feeling scary on route 23 i finally can relax(scare again when i ride back)never mind,if i have to die on that highway so be it.

the road towards MD was so quite.so,..i stay on weldon rd until i hit jct route 15 and 181.i'm taking route 181 to hopatcong wich is almost like riding on the mountain range,alltough it's only hill or super big hill not mountain.(i'm glad i'm chose my others bikes over SS)so,..overall from starting point to finish it's very hilly terrain absollutely not flat.
it's long and winding hilly road with lakes almost as far as your eyes can see.
but,the lakes are dried up now it must be very beautifull during summer and falls.
soon after i get to route 206,i make a short stop to a LBS call cycle works
it's a huge store with almost every brand you can name with/needs.and they're very helpfull too.

the folks live at byram township are very lucky live near by surounding big parks around that area e.g allamuchy,kittatiny,MD etc.(if i'm not mistake)

"slowly but sure" this term works for me,indeed.
that's all folks,thanks for reading and pls correct me if i'm wrong by all means.

ride time(on comp):101.27 mile
actuall ride time:9:30 hrs
rides with slow pace/slow but sure.
foods eaten:mixed sugary treat,rice cake,1 slice pizza,3 GU,3 bananas,3 garlic bread,1 cookies,chicken noodle soup w/4 pcs fried chicken wing,2 gallon water,2 sport drinks and one helluva rides.

pics:date on pics are wrong, it should be 02 19 2009

Attachments

• Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 002.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 002.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 004.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 004.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 190
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 005.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 005.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 009.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 009.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 158
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 010.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 010.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

liong71er

can anyone help me to identified what is that bird?

Attachments

• Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 013.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 013.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 014.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 014.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 115

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Liong,
You could avoid some of the worst of rt 23 by going 511 around the reservoirs in Ringwood and past JH. Of course that would add an extra 30 some miles to your trip... but you're not afraid of miles, now are ya', Liong?;)

Want some company on one of these excursions? I'll chase you around the state. Just let me know ahead of time. I'll even bet you could get a few more of us crazies to join you...

Sorry for your neighbor:(, glad they're oK.

liong71er

Liong,
You could avoid some of the worst of rt 23 by going 511 around the reservoirs in Ringwood and past JH. Of course that would add an extra 30 some miles to your trip... but you're not afraid of miles, now are ya', Liong?;)

Want some company on one of these excursions? I'll chase you around the state. Just let me know ahead of time. I'll even bet you could get a few more of us crazies to join you...

Sorry for your neighbor:(, glad they're oK.

you should join me next time,it's a very chalenging back roads lots of rolling hills ranging fr 3% - 11% elevation.

liong71er

more pics,located at hopatcong and jefferson twnship also mahlon dickerson.

Attachments

• Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 007.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 007.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 017.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 017.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 018.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 018.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 021.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 021.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 020.jpg
    Picture of century ride clifton to allamuchy state park,2009 020.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 88

anrothar

entirely thrilled
old thread, but did you take the picture of the pheasant on sparta/stanhope road? there's a pheasant farm there. i highly advice against trying to grab one out of the air while riding, tempting as it is. they have very sharp spurs.

looks like a great ride! i bet you would appreciate some of the longer rail trails in north jersey. i always used to try and incorporate them in my rides. it's really nice getting away from all the traffic.

personally, i feel much more comfortable on rt 23 with those huge shoulders than i do on some of the back roads in nj.

liong71er

old thread, but did you take the picture of the pheasant on sparta/stanhope road? there's a pheasant farm there. i highly advice against trying to grab one out of the air while riding, tempting as it is. they have very sharp spurs.

looks like a great ride! i bet you would appreciate some of the longer rail trails in north jersey. i always used to try and incorporate them in my rides. it's really nice getting away from all the traffic.

personally, i feel much more comfortable on rt 23 with those huge shoulders than i do on some of the back roads in nj.

howdy,bro!

i supposed!
well,luckily i didn't try to grab them,..:)

i never rides rail trails bfore,i might try it someday if i can find one.

yeah,but some turn has no shoulder,and those 18 wheeler is righ next to you(scary):popcorn:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
that tunnel you rode through(see pic above, lackawanna dr) has an unofficial rail trail running right on top of it. :D and that unofficial rail trail can be connected to two other rail trails to make a 70+ mile loop with only a handfull of miles on road.

Top Bottom