parking lot c ringwood conditions

F

frankinnj

We rode parking lot C this morning, trails are in excellent condition, ground is frozen, a few patches of ice here and there but plenty of room to ride around it. Yesterday we rode across the street at the manor house and that is equally in great shape. It feels good to be back on the trails again.

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
That's good because Lot C resembled a slow moving glacier last weekend; had just got back from Sprain Ridge (waste of time; I'm stud-less) and the skies opened up and I called it a (miserable) day. I heard from others even the fireroads @ RW last week were a slow-go...

What time were you there (I'm guessing in the AM)?

Where's the manor house? Sloatsburgh Rd??

F

frankinnj

That's good because Lot C resembled a slow moving glacier last weekend; had just got back from Sprain Ridge (waste of time; I'm stud-less) and the skies opened up and I called it a (miserable) day. I heard from others even the fireroads @ RW last week were a slow-go...

What time were you there (I'm guessing in the AM)?

Where's the manor house? Sloatsburgh Rd??

We were at lot C today from 1030-1230. There was no one there a couple of hikers, i suppose that is cuz everyone still thinks it is a mess. It was perfect, no sludge, a couple patches of ice (I didn't have studs either todoay), there is actually more ice on the fire roads than on the single track. I don't recall any ice at all on any of the single track.

The manor house or Governers as I learned it, is located if you make a right off of morris (coming out of where you go to get to lot c) onto sloatsburg it is about a quater mile ot a half mile on your left. It looks like a mini mansion, you drive all the way back and park in the back. The trail we ride from there will actually tie into trails from parking lot c. You will actually have to ride your bike across sloatsburg to continue on the trails from the manor house. The trails at the manor house are not technical at all, it is alot of fast rolling, a couple rocky sections. It is a good endurance work out. We don't ride there too much, It generally stays a bit drier than the other trails.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
I poked my head in yesterday and some trails were dry like 6 bridges. It was amazingly better than I thought. However there were many soggy trails too. It looked like it needed to freeze some more. Probably best to avoid afternoons, new trails and low trails. Also quite a few trees down and plenty of sticks just waiting to rip off a derailieur.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Also quite a few trees down and plenty of sticks just waiting to rip off a derailleur.

It happened to my today at Round Valley. :cry: I had to SS it out & back to the car on the road. I think I'll be hitting the road tomorrow with the skinny tires.

Top Bottom